STAR TREK 2d20
Page 5 of 32 First ... 3456715 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Johannibal View Post
    Is there a way to have skill activities roll using Lore skills? Would love an activity for Esoteric Lore on my Thaumaturge.
    Not yet, we're working on enabling dynamic lore skill activities.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    See what @mwfantasygrounds says above. The "HP Damage" is tracked in the equipped shield in the Inventory tab. There's no functionality currently to "heal" an item automatically, it has to be done manually.
    Is there a plan to add a repair button for this? Or let us use a skill check? Im not saying I expect it, its not like a major hassle but it would be a nice feature, since yall went to the trouble to auto calculate everything otherwise

Either way thanks for all the work on PF2e! Yall have always done good on making things better all the time, and this is just a big example of that!

Quote Originally Posted by EpicWin View Post
    Is there a plan to add a repair button for this? Or let us use a skill check? Im not saying I expect it, its not like a major hassle but it would be a nice feature, since yall went to the trouble to auto calculate everything otherwise
    It's in the back of my mind to do something for it when I do more repair/crafting code. But it's not a priority.

Quote Originally Posted by EpicWin View Post
    Either way thanks for all the work on PF2e! Yall have always done good on making things better all the time, and this is just a big example of that!
    Thank you!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

My group ran into an issue last night where a character with two sources of spellcasting for the same tradition didn't have the spell save DC working correctly. For example, they were an arcane sorcerer with an arcane innate cantrip, and any spell from either source that listed a saved DC defaulted to 0 instead of what should have been an Spell save DC of 18.

It seems I'm getting memory leaks and extreme sluggishness now.

It's in the back of my mind to do something for it when I do more repair/crafting code. But it's not a priority.
    FWIW, my group is not using the new shield block functionality specifically because of this. Shields get damaged and repaired a lot in short spans of time (especially by PCs with Quick Repair, which most anyone who uses a shield regularly will want to take) and having to go into the item entry and scroll down every time is a step too much for us compared to just using an effect to track the shield HP.

Even just exposing the shield HP somewhere with no automation would make a big difference - defense tab of the combat tracker would be nice, for example.
    Last edited by MaxAstro; August 31st, 2023 at 05:38.

Creating and deleting characters (even practically empty ones) takes quite a lot of time (about 30 seconds or so) and FG freezes in the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxAstro View Post
    FWIW, my group is not using the new shield block functionality specifically because of this. Shields get damaged and repaired a lot in short spans of time (especially by PCs with Quick Repair, which most anyone who uses a shield regularly will want to take) and having to go into the item entry and scroll down every time is a step too much for us compared to just using an effect to track the shield HP.

Even just exposing the shield HP somewhere with no automation would make a big difference - defense tab of the combat tracker would be nice, for example.
    Good feedback thanks. I'll think about a way to make this easier. No promises though...

Quote Originally Posted by Montis View Post
    Creating and deleting characters (even practically empty ones) takes quite a lot of time (about 30 seconds or so) and FG freezes in the meantime.
    This is mentioned in post #4. We're investigating ways of improving this, and SmiteWorks have some ideas but nothing concrete at this stage.

Good feedback thanks. I'll think about a way to make this easier. No promises though...
    Working on it. Ideally this would have its own "repair" roll type - but that's a lot more work. Currently working on a "SHIELD" heal type to just heal the first equipped undestroyed, damaged shield - or if no damaged, but not destroyed, equipped shields then carried shields will be checked.

Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information