STAR TREK 2d20
Page 22 of 33 First ... 12202122232432 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolorokenpay View Post
    FEEDBACK, for the Display option on the activities and actions tab. The default "Min. Actions" option often causes my players confusion and frustration as to what effects are available to them. By that, I mean, they don't always look and change the display to "all actions". I have been trying to remind them to change it at the beginning of play, but sometimes forget. I personally haven't seen the value of showing only some effects. Seems that summary or all effects would be more clear, or default on one of those options.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuto217 View Post
    I am running into the same issue with confused players. It's simple to tell them to change the display but would be better if we could control the default setting.

Love and appreciate the rest of the changes!
    This is in the tasklist. I'll implement in a future release. No ETA at this point.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuto217 View Post
    I did just run into another feedback thing. Some feat activities are limited use like once per day etc. Could we have a way to track usage like we have in the Actions tab please?

Thanks!
    That will be implemented in a future release.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I apologize if this is asked and answered but I couldn't find it in the forum.

I'm trying to automate a monster action using VsDC. I can get it to work with skills and saving throws but I don't know how to set a fixed DC. I've tried VsDC:Athletics:vs:FIXED=22 but that doesn't work. Is there a way to do this now?

Quote Originally Posted by bnmntj9 View Post
    I apologize if this is asked and answered but I couldn't find it in the forum.

I'm trying to automate a monster action using VsDC. I can get it to work with skills and saving throws but I don't know how to set a fixed DC. I've tried VsDC:Athletics:vs:FIXED=22 but that doesn't work. Is there a way to do this now?
    You can't do that with NPC ability automation - refer to the Wiki page here for what can be done: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...ity+Automation

What's the use case?

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    You can't do that with NPC ability automation - refer to the Wiki page here for what can be done: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...ity+Automation

What's the use case?
    I want to automate the perception check for a hazard so I can drop the roll onto a token and automatically do a perception check vs. the dc of the hazard. Something like VsDC:FIXED=22:vs:Perception. I can do it for every character right now through the Party Management window, or for individual characters using the new DC tab, but having this functionality on the NPC's sheet would make it easier for me to do a secret check quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by bnmntj9 View Post
    I want to automate the perception check for a hazard so I can drop the roll onto a token and automatically do a perception check vs. the dc of the hazard. Something like VsDC:FIXED=22:vs:Perception. I can do it for every character right now through the Party Management window, or for individual characters using the new DC tab, but having this functionality on the NPC's sheet would make it easier for me to do a secret check quickly.
    Unless I'm completely misunderstanding, this isn't about a fixed DC for a creature VsDC action, it's about reversing the action and NPC automation triggering a PC to roll a skill check against a DC on the NPC?

If that's what you're referring to, that isn't how the NPC VsDC automation is designed to work - it's designed to make the check for the NPC against a target's DC, because the NPC automation is based on the NPC being the actor. Expanding the code to suddenly reverse that design would be a lot of work, and I'm not sure if it's worth it for this limited use case, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Unless I'm completely misunderstanding, this isn't about a fixed DC for a creature VsDC action, it's about reversing the action and NPC automation triggering a PC to roll a skill check against a DC on the NPC?

If that's what you're referring to, that isn't how the NPC VsDC automation is designed to work - it's designed to make the check for the NPC against a target's DC, because the NPC automation is based on the NPC being the actor. Expanding the code to suddenly reverse that design would be a lot of work, and I'm not sure if it's worth it for this limited use case, sorry.
    Understood. Thank you for the prompt reply.

I know there's a billion other things on the table, but that does bring to mind that more hazard automation in general would be nice; currently hazards feel like the least polished encounters to run and to build.

Suggestion: For Cast actions on spells and activities, could there be a "roll with apply all" check box? Basically so that if "apply all" is clicked, that cast action will be triggered and then the rest of the actions will apply based on that. That would allow single-click automation for most spells and abilities instead of the two clicks (cast then apply all) currently needed.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxAstro View Post
    Suggestion: For Cast actions on spells and activities, could there be a "roll with apply all" check box? Basically so that if "apply all" is clicked, that cast action will be triggered and then the rest of the actions will apply based on that. That would allow single-click automation for most spells and abilities instead of the two clicks (cast then apply all) currently needed.
    That's not something that I plan to look into. For multiple reason - it goes against the usual two step FG process for things like this (roll and verify, then apply), doesn't allow for hero points or re-rolls, and is actually pretty complex to code - as FG dice roll actions are asynchronous. Never say never, but it's not something I'm considering in the current plans.

Thread Information