FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 21 of 31 First ... 111920212223 ... Last
  1. #201
    Trenloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    33,251
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxAstro View Post
    Ah, okay, good to know.

    Unfortunately walking my players through switching back and forth between channels has historically proven to be fraught with issues, so I've just stayed on test to save myself that trouble. I should probably get everything switched back to live, but I also like being available to catch issues when things are being tested; feels like doing my part to support the community.

    Still, if it's going to be a hassle for you guys then that defeats the purpose and I should just get everything switched back over to live.
    In the end, if you're using test please remember to say you're using test - and if it's base FG functionality, post in the test channel sub-forum. The thing that's a hassle for us is wasting time trying to recreate issues in live when they're not there. We want people to do tests on the current beta channel - but we don't recommend you use it for your games, unless you're fine experiencing potentially session stopping issues.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

  2. #202
    (Test Channel)

    The "all" application option for activities does not appear to be working for me all of the sudden; I can't get it to apply effects or damage to the target regardless of result state. Every other result option - crit success, success, failure or worse, whatever - works correctly, but "all" does not.

    It does work if "apply to" is set to "self", but not if it's set to "apply to current targets".

    I believe it was working a week or so ago, which combined with the above makes me suspect this is related to the recent change to make "apply to self" work with "all" targeting.

  3. #203
    Trenloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    33,251
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxAstro View Post
    (Test Channel)

    The "all" application option for activities does not appear to be working for me all of the sudden; I can't get it to apply effects or damage to the target regardless of result state. Every other result option - crit success, success, failure or worse, whatever - works correctly, but "all" does not.

    It does work if "apply to" is set to "self", but not if it's set to "apply to current targets".

    I believe it was working a week or so ago, which combined with the above makes me suspect this is related to the recent change to make "apply to self" work with "all" targeting.
    That's no good! Sorry for introducing that issue. I've got a hotfix submitted to fix this issue. Thanks for reporting this.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

  4. #204
    FEEDBACK, for the Display option on the activities and actions tab. The default "Min. Actions" option often causes my players confusion and frustration as to what effects are available to them. By that, I mean, they don't always look and change the display to "all actions". I have been trying to remind them to change it at the beginning of play, but sometimes forget. I personally haven't seen the value of showing only some effects. Seems that summary or all effects would be more clear, or default on one of those options.

  5. #205
    Failing that, it would be nice if there was some way to default to effects having min actions enabled instead of disabled, especially for spells from older books that don't have that functionality.

    Perhaps a check when a spell is added to the character that if none of the effects have min actions enabled, then it's automatically enabled for all of them? That should catch older spells without messing with spells that have been set up intentionally.

  6. #206
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolorokenpay View Post
    FEEDBACK, for the Display option on the activities and actions tab. The default "Min. Actions" option often causes my players confusion and frustration as to what effects are available to them. By that, I mean, they don't always look and change the display to "all actions". I have been trying to remind them to change it at the beginning of play, but sometimes forget. I personally haven't seen the value of showing only some effects. Seems that summary or all effects would be more clear, or default on one of those options.
    I am running into the same issue with confused players. It's simple to tell them to change the display but would be better if we could control the default setting.

    Love and appreciate the rest of the changes!

  7. #207
    I did just run into another feedback thing. Some feat activities are limited use like once per day etc. Could we have a way to track usage like we have in the Actions tab please?

    Thanks!

  8. #208
    Edit: wrong thread.
    Last edited by Montis; December 9th, 2023 at 01:16.

  9. #209
    Trenloe, would you please send me a link to the development task list? I wanted to check the status of including hidden in the flat-footed check.
    check hidden during flat-footed check.png

  10. #210
    Trenloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    33,251
    Quote Originally Posted by webdove View Post
    Trenloe, would you please send me a link to the development task list? I wanted to check the status of including hidden in the flat-footed check.
    check hidden during flat-footed check.png
    The link is in post #2 of this thread.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Log in

Log in