FG Spreadshirt Swag

Planets and 3D models (Just a thought)

I understand that FG supports (or is about to support) 3D models. It would be interesting if someone created an extension that took the traditional Traveller planetary map and turned it into an almost sphere.

Spinning it would be gravy.

Is there a standardized xml format for a planetary map? It would make it much easier to import into the extension.
    FredrikVladimir

Primarily looking for Mongoose Travellers 2e

Central Florida, USA

Where did you get the notion that FG supports, or will support, 3D models? I have been using it for several years now and have not heard of it, also Smiteworks generally doesn't announce new things unless they are imminent and in the Test channel, and trust me, if that were the case there would be a whole LOT of chatter about it.

I thought I saw it somewhere else on the forums. But I could be wrong.
    FredrikVladimir

Primarily looking for Mongoose Travellers 2e

Central Florida, USA

Doug Davidson did a "sneak peek" video some time back showing off some 3d functionality. I wouldn't expect it until around the time DnD does their VTT release. (2025ish?) Just a guess of course. I do like how its focus seemed to be how to leverage existing 2d assets and making them 3d. Extensions (lua) are for ruleset code though so I doubt there will be much API access (if any) into the 3d display functionality. cool idea for planet maps though. I think there is a program out there somewhere that does what you mentioned. I'd provide links but I haven't finished my coffee. :-)

The one that Doug showed off used 2D assets as stand-ups in a 3D viewport. Since publishers only provide 2D assets with their books, 3D assets would all have to be custom made or purchased via third party, which significantly increases cost. The idea behind the prototype was to re-use the existing content as much as possible, so the focus was on 2D assets only. That said, the sneak peek was more of a proof of concept than an implementation, and it's still on our list of ideas we'd like to do but haven't built out fully.

Regards,
    JPG

Would be nice If there was a Traveller tokens pack with all the Traveller world and sector map icons.
    Then we could use e Points of Interest extension and create a interactive map or maybe even generate maps with XMl data from Travellermap.com

https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/1225/view

I'm making some map tools for cepheus. subsectors,planets and geo-hexes. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCI...7ozOuKBpXscgCg Getting ready to add an updated video to show newer stuff I've added since then.

Thread Information