DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by alloowishus View Post
    - When targetting multiple actors, only the first roll is applied against all targetted actors.
    - Players with an effect of "Stun" or "Calmed" are automatically blocked from attacking.
    - When an effect of "MustParry" the parry of an Actor weilding a melee weapon is automatically set to the max of the equipped weapon. With an effect of "Stun" the parry is automatically set to half the OB. Both of these parry values are reset back to 0 when these effects expire.
    - The "Spells" tab now has a drop down list to select the actual spell being cast. The player (or NPC) can choose the number of rounds of prep, ESF and prep/class bonuses are calculated automatically. PP are also automatically deducted after the roll is made and effects automatically applied after a failed RR. The effect name must appear in curl braces {} in the spell description.
    - If a target fails their RR then the effect of the spell (for example, Stun or Sleeping) is automatically added with the appopriate duration calculated based on the Attacking actor's level or by how much the spell failed depending on the effect. If a target is of the same faction as the caster, then "friendly" spells can be cast on the actors (for example, bless, prayer, blur etc) and the effect is added automatically with the appropriate duration and no RR is required.
    - Resistances have been extended to include elements like Heat, Cold, Electricity, Water and Light. Any attacks that have a element keyword (for example, "fire" or "heat" or "flame" for Heat, "cold" or "ice" for Cold etc) will use these to effect the RR and attacks. For effects, I have included the ability to add specific element RRs, like RR_Heat, RR_Cold etc.
    [/LIST]
    Some rule changes based on using extensions like "XPExtension" and "FG-ClockAdjuster-main.ext"
    1. The clock adjuster, when adding time will automatically adjust the durations of effects on the Combat Tracker.
    2. XP is automatically added to the XP tab except for manuevers and Kill Points.

Some mods I made based on my own house rules
    1. Frenzy consumes triple the exhaustion points.
    2. Instead of rolling for breakage after each attack, armor and weapons have damage points much like concussion hits. These are tracked in the "Strength" field in the item. Typically for a weapon, the existing strength is multiplied by 10 and for armor the AT is multiple by 100. This is how many points a weapon or amor can sustain before breaking. For every PC attack, the concussion damage (not crit damage) is applied both to the attackers weapon or the defenders armor. This is recorded in the "Break Factor" field in the item. When this number reaches the Strength value, the item is broken and will not function until repaired. Certain modifiers like high quality (non magic bonuses) or magic will increase the Strength dramatically.
    3. Wound penalties do not effect non maneuver skill rolls, for example lore skills, perception rolls etc.
    4. Encumbrance penalties are applied to initiative and combat rolls.
    5. Players have Starvation and Dehydration points which are automatically deducted as time passes (using the FG-ClockAdjuster extension). When they hit their max Starvation or Dehydration points they start to Starve/die of thirst. Starving players begin to lose weight and eventually the Starvation Critical table from Rolemaster Companion V is used. When players eat food or drink water (using a button on the main tab) they points are restored.
    I'd have love to be able to do this by my own. It sounds like Christmas for me and my players

Some of this functionality sounds great if it were implemented in the base ruleset. I don't know if Dakadin would contemplate doing that, but if not an extension would be helpful to take advantage of some of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Elvedui View Post
    Some of this functionality sounds great if it were implemented in the base ruleset. I don't know if Dakadin would contemplate doing that, but if not an extension would be helpful to take advantage of some of this.
    I worked a little with Dakadin, who was very helpful. I think he is too busy with other changes and probably RMU. I really wish I would have started with the extension as doing it now would take a lot of effort.

I worked a little with Dakadin, who was very helpful. I think he is too busy with other changes and probably RMU. I really wish I would have started with the extension as doing it now would take a lot of effort.
    Tell me if I could assist you in any way.

I'm also ready to take the code sections as they are (if it's possible).
    Last edited by Engelmann; January 10th, 2024 at 08:54.

Quote Originally Posted by Engelmann View Post
    Tell me if I could assist you in any way.
    Well I think it would require me to give you my modded ruleset, and i'm not sure I'm allowed to do that. I will get around to it eventually, it seems like there is some interest, and it would be nice to combine the features of Dakadin's changes and mine as well. Right now I need to stop making mods so I can make sure it is bug free.

[...] Right now I need to stop making mods so I can make sure it is bug free.
    Ready to playtest and chase bugs.

The land of the Pecsaetan, in the Kingdom of Mercia
    How much work would it take to make it an extension, or even multiple extensions? My (basic) understanding of extensions is that they just overwrite the code from the base ruleset, so if you know what you've changed, you only need to include the modified code (for each of the relevant sections of code).

Quote Originally Posted by QuirkyBirky View Post
    How much work would it take to make it an extension, or even multiple extensions? My (basic) understanding of extensions is that they just overwrite the code from the base ruleset, so if you know what you've changed, you only need to include the modified code (for each of the relevant sections of code).

it's not as simple as that. After touching the copy of the code multiple times to make the necessary changes and adjustments, you lose track of the multitudes of changes that you make just to make simple changes, much less complex changes.
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

The land of the Pecsaetan, in the Kingdom of Mercia
    Quote Originally Posted by deer_buster View Post
    it's not as simple as that. After touching the copy of the code multiple times to make the necessary changes and adjustments, you lose track of the multitudes of changes that you make just to make simple changes, much less complex changes.
    I appreciate that, and the more changes you've made and the longer you're worked on it, the harder it is to remember. However it is possible to compare the modified code with the original. I suppose it's more challenging if Dakadin has updated sections of the code in the meantime. This is why I suggested possibly breaking it up into multiple extensions, since certain changes would be easier to sort than others.

Thread Information