DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Arcane device with no rollable die

Hey folks, trying to work out something that I suspect is user error, I just can;t seem to find any info on it.

when setting up an arcane device I can set the type of power to device, set the trait to whatever skill I want to use, but then even when added to a PCs inventory the roll button stays as the small d20 that doesn;t actually roll anything instead of becoming a rollable skill die based on the trait. Does anyone know how to set this up right, or am I missing something obvious? Cheers!

A device is set either to device or a trait.
    If set to device, you must fill in the trait die field so it knows what to roll to trigger the power. Otherwise it will show the small d20.
    If set to a trait, the character must have that trait. Otherwise the die changes to d4-1.

Ah, so if set to device is has to specify the die size rather than setting a specific skill/attribute?

Correct. Like this
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by CassMerry View Post
    Ah, so if set to device is has to specify the die size rather than setting a specific skill/attribute?
    You can also set it up in three ways.

1. If the item uses a particular skill of the person carrying the item. Right click on the device. Right click on Type field. Select Set trait from radial menu. You can now enter the name of any skill. Device now has that skill ready to roll.
    2. If the item just uses a standard attack type like Thrown or Melee. Again just use the drop down list in Type field to set this.
    3. If the item does not use any skill of the person carrying the item but instead uses the creator skills. Set the you must fill in the trait die field to equal the device creator skill level.
    Last edited by Lonewolf; September 28th, 2023 at 15:11.
    Ultimate License holder.
    Over 10 years on Fantasy Grounds !

Thread Information