STAR TREK 2d20

Thread: Dual Layer map

Dual Layer map

I searched but did not find an answer to my interrogation.

I would like to create a dual layer map (player map and dm map) one above the other, so when player discover a place or point of interest (by example a shop on a city map or a secret passage, or doing hexcrawl like in Tomb of Annihilation), I can reveal it to the player like putting a sticker on the player map (or scratching to reaveal a place). Idk if it is clear enough about what i want to achieve.

I was trying to put it like hidden dm map, then reveal part of it, but maybe it is the other way around,idk..

Is this something possible todo with FG or there are other ways to do it ?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by JonNonren; August 22nd, 2023 at 16:20.

Absolutely possible on FG - all images can have layers and the GM controls the visibility, to themselves and to the players, on a per layer basis.

See this Wiki page for more details: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...aps+with+Tiles Note - the edit image layer controls have changed slightly recently, there are now two controls for layer visibility - one for the GM and one for the player visibility, which allows better show/hide functionality and helps to avoid accidentally showing the players a layer.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

It is as Trenloe says above.

You'll actually want several layers since a layer is either entirely visible or not. So don't create a DM map with all the POI's on it. Add each one individually so that each can be hidden and revealed on cue.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    It is as Trenloe says above.

You'll actually want several layers since a layer is either entirely visible or not. So don't create a DM map with all the POI's on it. Add each one individually so that each can be hidden and revealed on cue.
    This inexactly what I do and it works like gangbusters. I can end up with quite a few layers depending on how many things I want to hide/unhide, but you can easily group similar items in folders and hide/unhide them individually or en masse that way and that makes life easier.

Thread Information