DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Looking for a large island battle map with harbor city

I'm relatively new to FGU and would like to know where I could find some island battle maps. My 5E game deals with quite a few pirates and I need to find a large island map with a harbor I can used for a pirate base. Any suggestions in terms of the available map packs at the DLC Store, the Forge, or the DM's Guild?

I'm also looking for some all around solid map packs with a good variety of terrains (desert, mountain, forest, etc.) and city layouts. I know this will probably required me to purchase a few packs but I'm unsure if I should stick with one company or mix and match multiple products. I really don't have the time right now to make my own.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinster View Post
    I'm relatively new to FGU and would like to know where I could find some island battle maps. My 5E game deals with quite a few pirates and I need to find a large island map with a harbor I can used for a pirate base. Any suggestions in terms of the available map packs at the DLC Store, the Forge, or the DM's Guild?

I'm also looking for some all around solid map packs with a good variety of terrains (desert, mountain, forest, etc.) and city layouts. I know this will probably required me to purchase a few packs but I'm unsure if I should stick with one company or mix and match multiple products. I really don't have the time right now to make my own.
    I would have to suggest Gametile Warehouse, they have just about every type or VTT format friendly map imaginable.
    https://www.gametilewarehouse2020.com/
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

Blog Entries
    Totally hit or miss, but r/battlemaps can be a good source, plus if you like maps its nice to browse from time to time and download the ones you like.

Google gave me these, which you might like:
    - near the bottom of this page pirate Archives - Fantastic Maps
    - HUGE Pirate Town battlemap with caves, pirate ships, buildings, trenches and of course treasure! (mix.com)
    - Free Pirate TTRPG Battlemaps • Seafoot Games
    - Tropical Pirate Town - All 8 parts merged! [100x70] : battlemaps (reddit.com)

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thanks everyone! This has been very helpful.

Also I will say that the various Art Packs here in the Store work very well if you have a bit of time to create exactly what you want.

I have the full Art subscription and have used many different assets from the various packs to create maps from swamps, to deserts, to islands, etc.
    We do not stop playing because we grow old.
    We grow old because we stop playing.

www.islandkingdoms.org

Quote Originally Posted by anstett View Post
    Also I will say that the various Art Packs here in the Store work very well if you have a bit of time to create exactly what you want.

I have the full Art subscription and have used many different assets from the various packs to create maps from swamps, to deserts, to islands, etc.
    Thanks for reply. Which of the Art Packs would you suggest for someone who just started using FGU?

Quote Originally Posted by Grinster View Post
    Which of the Art Packs would you suggest for someone who just started using FGU?
    I'd recommend the art subscription: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/home/FGUArtSub.php Even if you don't intend to subscribe for long, it's $5 for a month to give you access to all art assets - which will help you determine if using the art assets is going to work for you.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

What Trenloe said.

$5 gets you entry into over $200 worth of mapping tools. Then you can decide if you want to purchase individual map packs or (like I do) just pay the $50 yearly subscription for access to everything current and coming out in the future.

Drawback to subscription is if you stop it you lose all the nice extras and packs. But it is cheaper to pay the subscription for four years than to purchase what is available now.
    We do not stop playing because we grow old.
    We grow old because we stop playing.

www.islandkingdoms.org

Thread Information