FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Looking for feedback on a mod

I am trying to see if I can make something useful to new FGU PF1e players. I have helped several people get started and typically the main things they need are Effect examples and extension suggestions for automation.

So I thought I might try working on a Mod that automates feats, adds spell effects for feats or explains what they need to do if it can't be coded.

Thanks to Dllewell, I am going to start with his PFRPG - Feats mod and copy edited feats to PFRPG - Feats Extended mod. I will keep updating here and would LOVE feedback on the idea, the implementation, suggestions wording...

Goto Post 4 to see the Extensions I am "requiring" to use this mod (or several things will not work) or see below on how to hop on to my server and try it

Forge Link: PFRPG - Feats Extended

The Feats and new "spells" are found in the group PFRPG - Feats Extended

And If you open the Mod in your library, there is a Pre Generated character named Finished Working with all of the feats added along with accompanying spell effects

Some Feats have automatic effects, some have descriptions of how to make it work on the character shee and some have spell effects for the action tab. They will have one or more of the following: information (what to do, can't be automated, options...), links to the spell(s) and always on effects.

If my server is up, feel free to jump on and try it out / leave remarks or even add ideas and edits to a character you create:
    DM: retch
    Game: PF1e coded items and effects
    PW: 1111

Any and all thoughts and suggestions are welcome If they are intended to help.

Thanks
    Last edited by Morenu; August 27th, 2023 at 03:03. Reason: updated files
    My First Mod PFRPG - Feats Extended, focusing on PF1e Feats and Racial Traits automation. It is open to community assistance. Here is the forum Link.

40+ PF1e Extensions & Modules I use, with links.

PF1E Coding Effects - Spreadsheet

Discord: Morenu

Maybe a suggestion to save a little time. Get with the creator of the feat module (dllewell and link) and see if you can use that module as a base and then add in the spell effects to it. That way you are not re-inventing the wheel and entering a crap load of data you do not need to do again.

I believe it can be helpful to players that do not know how to code effects, but the scope of the data necessary will take a bit of time to get this entered. Just for your sanity, take breaks on the data entry and don't burn out.
    Ultimate License Holder

Running:
    Nothing at the moment.

Time Zone: Central Time (GMT -6)

Examples of what I am adding to the PFRPG - Feats mod by Dllewell. See the next post for required extensions

I am adding from the Special section and below.

Feats and spells.PNG List of items
    Actions Tab.PNG Spell effects
    Examples.PNG Examples of most of the types I am doing so far. The blue oval and below is what I added.
    Last edited by Morenu; August 22nd, 2023 at 13:13.
    My First Mod PFRPG - Feats Extended, focusing on PF1e Feats and Racial Traits automation. It is open to community assistance. Here is the forum Link.

Extensions that are needed (All Free) And also a Huge Shout out to all the modders that have added so much.

Advanced Charsheet by Zarestia
    Advanced Effects for Pathfinder by bmos
    Advanced Item Actions by bmos
    On Hit Effects by SoxMax
    Better Combat Effects by rhagelstrom
    Drain and Permanent Bonuses by bmos
    Enhanced Items by bmos (not required YET but suggested)
    Feature: Extended automation and overlays by Kelrugem
    Live Hitpoints by bmos
    Misc Annotations by MostTornBrain (not required but suggested)
    Feature: Size Changes by SoxMax
    Spell Formatting by bmos (not required but suggested)
    Constant Effect Apply by darrenan
    Remove Effect Tag Extension by darrenan

PFRPG - Spellbook Extended by dllewell (library item)

And a Huge thank you to dllewell for letting me start by building from their PFRPG - Feats (Not needed as my mod uses their's as its base)
    Last edited by Morenu; August 23rd, 2023 at 15:08.

Quote Originally Posted by Morenu View Post
    Got permission from Dllewell to use his base mod (PFRPG - Feats), Yay. I started adding to his feats, but now I can't seem to export it since its his mod. guess I add them to a character then add them back as a new copy... will update the original post once I export a sample. still looking for suggestions.
    Yes, that makes sense. As with any mod if you don't have the original campaign you can't edit it, you have to do exactly like you are doing and copy it.

Unfortunately, I cannot send you the original campaign as there isn't one. I made my changes by directly updating the underlying .xml file.

You can save yourself a step, however. You don't need to add it to a character then copy it back. You can just left click to grab it and then drop it right back into the Feats window. That will make a local copy of the Feat. When I am doing stuff like this I create a new group and drop those local copies into that group to easily identify them all later.

Thanks. I am making a master character just to keep track of where I am at and I export that character with the mod so the feats can be tested easily and people can see how I Set them up. I am starting with the 4 pages of PFRPG basic feats first (using your version) so that hopefully the most typical feats are done first as this will take a long time to do 70+ pages of feats.

New mod upload in original post. 55+ Feats done so far (yay, page 2!). in post 3, I put photos of the feats and spells, what the action tab looks like (If you had all 55 feats LOL) and I picked 5 or so feats that cover most of the types of things I have done so far.

New update. almost done page 2. about 85-90 feats. If no one is actively looking at these I will update every 100 or so (I think there are around 7500).

learning a good bit while doing this so that's good.
    Last edited by Morenu; August 23rd, 2023 at 15:09.

Would you consider putting this is Forge? That way it’s easier for people to ensure they’re always using the latest build. Either that, or do you have a GIT repo or similar?

Quote Originally Posted by sedgetone View Post
    Would you consider putting this is Forge? That way it’s easier for people to ensure they’re always using the latest build. Either that, or do you have a GIT repo or similar?
    That is all beyond me atm. Would need hand held through the process. And no idea if SW is ok with this level of unfinished stuff on forge

But otherwise absolutely

Thread Information