DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Poe the Homunculus View Post
    You're talking about creating links/character sheet coding and not the RM, right?
    Both, actually.

If you just drag a link from a module you have loaded into the reference manual, it does not make a copy of the item that link points to. That means if you click the link in the RM and you don't have the other module loaded, it will pop up a window saying you need to load it.

FG is moving to a RefMan-As-Story model so you don't have make duplicate entries in both places, so RefMan pages are acting a lot more like Story entries these days. This isn't quite like that since we're not creating an adventure module. However, I would like to have as many links to library items within the RefMan as we can, so you can just drag right from there instead of needing to go to the library to get it, though you can certainly do it that way too. I try to make all my RMs like this.

As far is linking and including item links to loaded modules, the campaign containing the RefMan would just need to have the items from the module copied to the RefMan campaign from the module. I've done this before when I work on my laptop and pull it into my desktop campaign where I do most of my work. Like I said before, it is a little tedious because you have to drag/drop the items one at a time, but it works well. You just need to remember to drag them into a different Group so you don't have to edit the "(copy)" out of all the names.

The copied items can then be dragged to the RefMan/Story/etc. as will be exported with the module when that step is finally taken.
    --
    I'm so bassic

I have all the Descriptors done, coded, and linked in the RefMan at this point.

I think we should get the Abilities all created before I really dig into the Foci for the RM. I like to do complete pages when I work the RM so I'm not forgetting things as I go through. The Foci pages will mostly be lists of links to those Abilities with the short description of the Foci above the lists. Having all the Abilities done will make those RM pages go pretty quickly.

I'll probably start working on more of the GM rules in the RefMan next, though I like to bounce around a bit between those pages and abilities some.

Do you have a spreadsheet or anything where you're tracking who's working on what?
    --
    I'm so bassic

I do not have any tracking sheet, as I've been doing everything on my own so far. I know @MentalChillness had also offered to help at one point.

I know how to share a bunch of story entries, items, and campaign links with a .mod. With a RefMan would that just be copy-and-past or could you merge the RefMans somehow if I did 14 pages and add them to your RefMan? Sorry, I'm a bit lost with using the new Reference Manual at this point.
    The beginning of any story is a happy accident; the end, a tragic fate.

With the latest update, RefMan pages can be copy/pasted without needing to unlock them so it's easier than it used to be. Do you want to share a mod with me of everything you have done so far? We could make a Google sheet with what still needs to be done and split things up into bite-sized chunks from there.

I'm thinking one person should do the bulk of the RefMan, if only to keep things consistent throughout unless we want to take the time to make a style guide.
    I'm willing to be that person. I've spent many hours making RefManuals for my own games using both the Author extension (pre-Builder) and the Builder.
    --
    I'm so bassic

Can do.
    The beginning of any story is a happy accident; the end, a tragic fate.

Thread Information