Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Sidebar Character Option not Visable

Hey, it's been a while since I was using the D&D rulesets, it was since before the big update to the sidebars. Did they change how you hide and reveal sidebar options? I don't seem to have access to the character sidebar, the wiki doesn't explain how to add that part of the sidebar and I can't personally find any option either. Am I dumb? Or is my 5e module bugged?

You should just be able to click the "Player" header in the sidebar to show the Characters and Notes buttons.

If that doesn't work, make sure you're only running one theme extension. If you're still having issues, please provide a screenshot showing the sidebar in your setup.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I have the 'Player' header and Chatacter button, I meant that I don't have the 'Character' header and it's buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by SoloJoke View Post
    I have the 'Player' header and Chatacter button, I meant that I don't have the 'Character' header and it's buttons.
    Try mouse-wheel to scroll down the sidebar buttons.

If that doesn't work, make sure you're only running one theme extension. If you're still having issues, please provide a screenshot showing the sidebar in your setup.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Details on how to use the sidebar can be found in the Wiki here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...+Unity+Sidebar

All options are in the sidebar, they just might not be visible due to collapsed categories or needing to scroll the sidebar.

Have a look at resizing and collapsing/opening the categories. If you see a scrollbar on the side, use the mouse-wheel to scroll up/down to access all of the buttons.

I'm not using any extensions at all, and it still shows no 'Character' header. I can't seem to scroll the sidebar at all, since it's all compact. Here's a link.

Sidebars.png

You're using a 5E ruleset that is 2 years old. You can see that in the chat messages - the date is June 2021. The reason why is also shown in chat - you have extracted the 5E ruleset in your rulesets folder. Delete the 5E folder you have in rulesets and restart FG.

Quote Originally Posted by SoloJoke View Post
    I'm not using any extensions at all, and it still shows no 'Character' header. I can't seem to scroll the sidebar at all, since it's all compact. Here's a link.

Sidebars.png
    Just click on the player header and the options should open up.

That was the problem. I deleted that folder, reupdated and now it's showing up again, but when I started testing the other editions, I noticed 4e didn't have Race, Class, Backgrounds or Skills, is that normal? Or do I have an outdated 4e too?

Blog Entries
    If you have any sub-folders in the ruleset folder of FG, then those rulesets will not appear to get updated (the .pak files will be updated, but FG will use the extracted folders instead). If you are extracting rulesets to folders for development work, it's best not to store them in the ruleset folder when not actually using them. See if you have more extracted folders and move or delete them as well.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information