DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Previously explored areas reset for PCs when moving from map to map

Good day, I am running a campaign (curse of strahd) and using the death house. I have scoured the boards and I know how to reset an area so the players cannot see what they explored in the past (if running a campaign for a new party) but I cannot find how to leave an explored area visible on a map when moving from map to map. For example, I moved them to the basement but when I brought them back upstairs it shows as unexplored on the player's map. I know it is something simple, I tried to use the radial wheel on the PCs tokens to see if that was where it was coded but I cannot find it.

Thanks in advance.

Blog Entries
    Yep, this is intended function to keep the database from growing. One work around is to create a mask prior to removing the players from the map.
    There is also at least one extension on the Forge that allows LOS to be remembered or for a mask to automatically be created. Sorry, I don't know the extension names.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

In that particular map everything is all on one map. So when you move the players tokens from one area to the next hold SHIFT whilst dragging the token. This will preserve any Fog of War already established and allow movement (by the DM) through walls etc.

If you are moving to a different map this doesn't work since the token is leaving one image entirely and moving to a new one. But this method will work when everythin is all on one image.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thank you so much for the quick responses. Shift key. I knew it was something simple. I will watch a video on how to create a mask.

Thanks again.

Hi.

I us this extension with good results:

https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/224/view

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Simon

Thread Information