DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

System Exception

Attached is log of some system exceptions from my game last night. Was playing 5E on the map Battlemap Delphi from Key from the Golden Vault. I was not able to reproduce outside of game.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Blog Entries
    Were you using the Test Channel or the Live channel? This sub-forum is for (Beta) Test issues. I can move this thread if the issues are from the Live channel.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Live sorry. The player log is filled with the same error and ballooned to 27MB

You are using 55 extensions and 156 modules. That's most likely the problem.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    You are using 55 extensions and 156 modules. That's most likely the problem.
    Maybe I should just refrain from posting then

We do appreciate reports and feedback. Without presuming Zacchaeus' own mind, the previous comment tends to be accurate with most issues when the extension count is very high. The error I'm seeing doesn't appear to be extension related and I will pass this along to have it looked into.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rhagelstrom View Post
    Maybe I should just refrain from posting then
    You are the one that can best identify which of your 55 extensions, or combinations of extensions is causing the problem. About all we can do is google the error and see if someone else has reported the same, and I don't see any such records of that. We would have to (purchase? and) load your 55 extensions and (purchase?) and load the module and open that image to try to reproduce something you said you can't reproduce. And if its because of the amount of data you have loaded, we would then have to obtain and load those 156 modules.

If you look at your log, the error says "[ERROR] MOUSE UPDATE: System.Exception: Input must have at least three input vertices."
    Which means that something you are doing, like drawing a LOS element requires 3 points, and you are cancelling/exiting or stopping the command before you get 3 vertices input. Given that doing that a normal way, i.e. drawing a door or terrain etc and cancelling it won't give this error. We need to know what exact steps you are doing to reproduce this. But you said you can't reproduce it and you haven't given us the steps you were doing that caused the error.

But, since you said the log file ballooned to 27MB, I doubt it's some command you are doing over and over again without knowing what you are doing. So it's probably a logic circular reference happening because of extensions. So it's really up to you to reproduce the error, and then trouble shoot by disabling all the extensions and seeing if it reproduces. If it does, then you need to see if it's because an extension corrupted your campaign file or not. And to check that you have to create a new campaign with no extensions and see if you can reproduce.

Trouble shooting isn't easy. It's one reason why so many people say extensions = risk and why others don't use extensions at all. They don't want to spend the time troubleshooting when something breaks. There is a link in my sig that outlines troubleshooting techniques and info you can provide when reporting an issue that will help us help you.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thanks for the report. I'm not able to recreate locally with that module and map; so any steps that you have to reproduce the error would be helpful to look into further.

It looks from the error message that you were clicking on something when the error occurred. What triggered the event? From there, perhaps we can back into the steps to recreate.

(Note: It might be related to some unexpected path of behaviors triggered by extensions; but I'd like to recreate first before making that determination and trying to narrow the situation.)

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rhagelstrom View Post
    Attached is log of some system exceptions from my game last night. Was playing 5E on the map Battlemap Delphi from Key from the Golden Vault. I was not able to reproduce outside of game.
    Thanks. Looking at the log it is an error creating the overlay shape when hovering over a door. I'll take a look now. Have you added any doors to that map? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by pindercarl View Post
    Thanks. Looking at the log it is an error creating the overlay shape when hovering over a door. I'll take a look now. Have you added any doors to that map? Thanks.
    I didn't add any LoS but was using what was provided in the map. The error, at least GM side, was happening in room D7b around the secret door and perhaps also the non-secret door. Player did speak up about it also happening in D7b but unsure if it happened elsewhere. The nature of the exception didn't seem to be something that an extension should be capable of causing.

Thread Information