Starfinder Playlist

So, what happened to the Palladum Books deal?

Based on this, Fantasy Grounds signed a deal with Kevin to develop Palladium games for the VTT:

https://www.palladiumbooks.com/about...-march-18-2021

That was 2 years ago. Where are they? We have Savage Rifts, but it’s just not the same. Was really looking forward to the Palladium System in a VTT.

Probably couldn't find any devs to do the ruleset and convert the books to mods.

Blog Entries
    Yes, that is correct.

Kevin has granted us permission to convert their vast library. Many of the original source books are in a digital format that will be a bit harder to work from, and we have not been able to secure any developers to do the conversion work.

I never actually played Palladium products when I was younger, but I always thought their stuff looked awesome. We would love to have it. It is on us.

We are planning to try a new technique in September to use Kickstarter projects to prefund development of content like this. That would allow us to ensure that we have a sufficient enough return on investment to pay for bringing on a developer specifically for big projects like this. If our first KS project goes well, we plan to use that much more regularly to drive work.
    Last edited by ddavison; July 20th, 2023 at 16:11.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    Yes, that is correct.

Kevin has granted us permission to convert their vast library. Many of the original source books are in a digital format that will be a bit harder to work from, and we have not been able to secure any developers to do the conversion work.

I never actually played Palladium products when I was younger, but I always thought their stuff looked awesome. We would love to have it. It is on us.

We are planning to try a new technique in September to use Kickstarter projects to prefund development of content like this. That would allow us to ensure that we have a sufficient enough return on investment to pay for bringing on a developer specifically for big projects like this. If our first KS project goes well, we plan to use that much more regularly to drive work.
    This all makes sense, folks got bills to pay, not a hard concept to grasp (yet folks struggle somedays am I right eh?) Looking forward to the Palladium system KS!

Blog Entries
    That might be a good approach.

So are you using that to add to your development team, or only to gauge interest for community developers?
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Blog Entries
    We are not adding anyone to the team at this point unless something really, really takes off. It will allow us to gauge interest prior to devoting internal resources though. For something like Palladium, it might allow us to entice more community Devs to do module conversions with guarantees sales/commissions.

We are not adding anyone to the team at this point unless something really, really takes off. It will allow us to gauge interest prior to devoting internal resources though. For something like Palladium, it might allow us to entice more community Devs to do module conversions with guarantees sales/commissions.
    Sounds like a great idea to gauge interest and ROI (I get ain't nobody out here trying to make me happy for free and investors need assurances, devs need targets, etc etc). Please keep us posted, hopefully there will be a large enough community interest to drive the production.

Thread Information