5E Character Create Playlist
Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last
    And I dont think it needs to be changed necessarily - I'd rather change the few times its mentions under Callings than for each item.

Quote Originally Posted by Corsair31 View Post
    I am using a lot of Rob Twohy's 5E coding effects as well as my own custom effects and they would normally be accessible under the Spells icon. I am not seeing that in the extension for obvious reasons (Middle-Earth being a low-magic setting after all) and cannot find any other current section where I can access them. Would it be possible to re-add the Spells section and rename it to Effects, Magic or something similar? I've included a screen cap from my custom mod, which uses the older AiME extension.
    So noalco, the hard coder of this extension, says that you might still have access to these "effects and actions" from the module menu itself. Could you check it out please?

Does the extension handle starting item sets - like Frugal, Common, and Prosperous? If so, how does one make them work? I've tried dragging several items into another item, but no luck.

EDIT: Figured it out - it's the trigger "Equipment Packs"

Is there a trigger to make it into the "Starting Packs" in the Character Creation wizard?
    Last edited by chipmafia; July 19th, 2023 at 16:01.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldarc View Post
    I see, you drag and drop those "untrue spells" to your actions tab and the spell or non-spell action/effect is created, right? I can see your point. I'll think about it.
    That is correct. There is no rush, so please take your time should you decide to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Corsair31 View Post
    That is correct. There is no rush, so please take your time should you decide to do this.
    Ok, thank you. Having this option, I think it's better not to include the "Spells" sidebar menu since it could be confusing for the great majority of the players who don't usually have Rob2e modules. Since you can still use those useful effects, we'll leave it as it currently is.

@chipmafia I could be wrong but, as far as I know, even the 5e ruleset doesn't have that and you have to pick your items manually. If I am wrong, then we'll see if we can do something to adapt it to 5e LotR.

Blog Entries
    5E ruleset has item packs, but those can not be created through the UI and have to be created manually in the xml of the module itself. There is a post around here somewhere detailing how to do it.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thank you LordEntrails. In that case we won't do anything about it and we suggest to do it manually.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    5E ruleset has item packs, but those can not be created through the UI and have to be created manually in the xml of the module itself. There is a post around here somewhere detailing how to do it.
    Making the subtype "Equipment Pack" did everything I wanted it to. I've got a few new players going to start with us and I'm trying to make this character creation a zero-entry pool

Item packs can be created natively through the UI, but the implementation is driven independently by each ruleset. As @chipmafia found, in the 5E ruleset, it's done by giving the item the "Equipment Pack" type.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information