FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last

Unofficial 5e The Lord of the Rings Roleplaying extension

5e LotR Roleplaying

This is an extension for 5e LotR Roleplaying game. You will need the 5e ruleset.

DOWNLOAD
    https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/1276/view

FEATURES
    • Highly automated extension that makes it easy to manage new 5e LotR mechanics.
    • Redesigned Notes and Log Character Sheet tabs to track Crafts, Shadow, Patrons and Fellowship Points.
    • New skills in the Skills tab (and some removals such as Arcana or History).
    • New LotR and Mordor Party Sheet tabs to track Patrons, Fellowship Points, Havens, Journey Logs and Eye Awareness.
    • New sidebar menus where you can drag and drop from to Character and Party Sheet or Journey Logs new lists such as Crafts, Patrons, Shadow Paths, Events, etc.
    • Modified existing 5e names, sidebar menus and windows such as Backgrounds, Classes (Callings), Races (Cultures) or Feats (Virtues) to suit 5e LotR data.

Legal Stuff
    This extension includes mechanics from the game system it is written for but does not include content and other copyright protected material. This extension is not licensed, endorsed or sanctioned by the games copyright holders. Some parts of the code in this ruleset may be copyright SmiteWorks. You should ask my permission before borrowing code from this ruleset.

Incentiveware
    If you want to contribute you can do so here: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/lapantalladelmaster.

Guarantees
    There is no guarantee that this extension will do everything you want or expect it to, that the extension will be error free, that I will continue to support the extension, etc. Over time I may find I have more or less time or willingness to work on it.

Things to Note
    This is a FGU only extension. It uses some features that are only available in FGU.

This extension has been created by Noalco and Eldarc using Ruleset Wizard by Psicodelix (https://www.rulesetwizard.com/)

CHANGE LIST
    Version 1.1 2023/07/19:
    • Distinctive Features are added to character sheet when drag and dropping a background to its main tab
    • Some tooltips added to some controls and labels to make it easier to understand how the extension works
    • Some more skin/theme customizations (WIP)
    • Some minor bug fixes and improvements

Version 1.11 2023/07/19:
    • New Option: "Sidebar: Show Spells". Only togglable by the GM
    • The "Alignment" label in the NPC sheet replaced by "Subtype". Added the "Subtype" filter in the "NPCs" menu.

Version 1.2 2023/07/23:
    • New Council window. It allows the GM to track specific councils and guides them step by step. If it finally grants XP to the Player-heroes, it can be drag and dropped to the Party Sheet XP tab by the GM and it will be listed in Encounters list to reward the party.
    • Some not definitive skin/theme changes. Still WIP.

Version 2.0 2023/08/26:
    • Customised skin ended (or almost)
    • A new party sheet tab, "Downtime", to manage the Fellowship Phases and Undertakings
    • Backgrounds list added to Culture "Other" tab where Backgrounds from the sidebar can be drag-and-dropped to. When drag-and-dropping a Culture to the Character Sheet main tab, you're asked for the Background you want to choose among those previously added to that Culture.
    • Character Wizard modified to suit LotR 5e needs.
    • New "Rewards" and "Magic" sidebar menus. In "Magic" you can create item Enchanted Rewards and Curses.
    • New Item sections that are visible/invisible when choosing its rarity (common, reward, famous, marvellous artefact, wondrous item and precious object). "Rewards" and "Magic" elements can be drag-and-dropped onto the appropriate item section.

Version 2.1 2023/09/30
    • Big UI update and some other changes due to the latest big FG update.

Version 2.2 2023/12/10
    The latest update to the Fantasy Grounds extension for playing 5e The Lord of the Rings Roleplaying not only corrects some minor bugs and introduces minor quality of life improvements but also replaces D&D languages with the primary languages of Middle-earth. For new campaigns, these changes will be evident from the start. However, for ongoing campaigns, languages won't automatically update. Please follow these steps to update the languages:
    1. Back up your campaign. Simply make a copy of the campaign folder.
    2. With the campaign loaded, go to "Options - Languages" and delete all languages from the list.
    3. Perform a /reload and the list will be correctly recreated from scratch.

Version 2.3 2024/01/15
    Since a recent update of Fantasy Grounds, the new tabs in the Party Sheet were not displaying. Fixed.

Version 2.3.1 2024/04/14
    Minor correction that prevents console errors when certain windows were opened or their locks were locked/unlocked.

Thank you chipmafia! I think that all the new stuff is pretty intuitive so it doesn’t need to be explained. But maybe I reckon that just because I created it. Is there something that you wanted me to clarify? Would you like a short youtube (despite of my poor English) so I take a tour through the new windows and controls? Or there’s no need?

Honestly, my familiarity with the source material isn't all that great, so I don't know what I'm missing! I've looked around in it and everything seems to be good. I have to relearn how to make modules, but this extension has definitely pushed me out the door. Thanks again!

You mentioned perhaps making a video. I'm getting ready to run a campaign with folks who are new to Fantasy Grounds and this ruleset. If you made a video, something that would be particularly helpful would be making a character, then leveling it up. As I've been working the with extension and doing some conversion, that is one area I think might present a problem. Thanks again for this extension. It has been fantastic to work with.

Things look good so far as I was able to import my own (unfinished) custom mod of LotR RP and used the character wizard to create several PCs. Hoping this can encourage me to finally finish the mod. Thanks a lot for this extension!

@Corsair31 My pleasure! It feels great to know that other persons are having fun with something you created

@chipmafia I reckon that you don't need any video for what you specifically say since that works exactly the same way as in 5e ruleset. You drag and drop a calling (class), culture (race) and background from the sidebar to the character sheet main tab, and job done. I'll upload a new version soon with some minor fixes and tooltips that I hope make the extension easier to understand and use. And thank you for your kind words!

If we find issues with the extension, do you want to know about them? I don't expect you to do more than you've done, but if you want to know, where can we post them?

I noticed that the Distinctive Features on Backgrounds aren't added to the Character Sheet under "Features" - it could be that was deliberate.

Thread Information