DICE PACKS BUNDLE

New Ref with some UI questions

Hi all, thanks very much for looking at my questions, and I am hopeful someone might be able to help.
    I suspect the answers might be straightforward, so please bear with me!

1) On the Character sheet, what is the difference between "Mod" and DM? Also, what does the Equip bit do in the same area?
    2) Similarly, what might I use the "Characteristic status" for on the Actions tab?
    3) Under finances, what is MSP? Something to with medical/pension?
    4) On the Skills tab, should all skills be associated with a characteristic? When I add a characteristic with a mod, I see the mod number appear in the space next to the characteristic, but I don't see anything in the Mod column. (If I manually change it, I see the total is modified, is it a manual process? Should I leave it alone?)

I think that's all for now, I'm sure there were other things, and I'm certain there will be more when I start adding players into the mix!

Thanks in advance.
    Jonno

Quote Originally Posted by jonshez View Post
    Hi all, thanks very much for looking at my questions, and I am hopeful someone might be able to help.
    I suspect the answers might be straightforward, so please bear with me!

1) On the Character sheet, what is the difference between "Mod" and DM? Also, what does the Equip bit do in the same area?
    2) Similarly, what might I use the "Characteristic status" for on the Actions tab?
    3) Under finances, what is MSP? Something to with medical/pension?
    4) On the Skills tab, should all skills be associated with a characteristic? When I add a characteristic with a mod, I see the mod number appear in the space next to the characteristic, but I don't see anything in the Mod column. (If I manually change it, I see the total is modified, is it a manual process? Should I leave it alone?)

I think that's all for now, I'm sure there were other things, and I'm certain there will be more when I start adding players into the mix!

Thanks in advance.
    Jonno
    1) When you take damage in Traveller it is applied to characteristics. For physical damage, first END, and then DEX and STR at the player's choice. As a result, you are modding down that characteristic, so you enter negative numbers in the mod space. The DM is the dice modifier implied by the effective level.
    2) When you do a skill roll, depending on the action you take it will be modified by a characteristic. You want to combine a skill with a characteristic (and a difficulty, and boon or bane, etc.) to make a skill roll.
    3) "Monthly Ship Payment", otherwise known as your portion of a ship's mortgage.
    4) You should leave the mod tab alone, instead on the skills tab click the little refresh under the characteristic to apply the mod to that characteristic. When you roll the right DM will be applied.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated!

Thread Information