DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Old DM, New to FGU...

35 years of being a RoleMaster DM and have learned this is probably the best VTT for it to play with folks who have moved too far away for a regular tabletop game. I am new to DMing on a VTT, but have been a player of them on some competitors with different systems.

I looked through Dakadins video titles, and they look great, but I am confused as my screen looks nothing like his. My tools, campaign, character tabs etc. better resemble something from the 80s than all the icons and tabs that I see on the video and I can't seem to find anything that addresses this. Is there something I'm missing? Scratch that, I'm sure there is something basic I'm missing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Screenshot (1).png

There is a very good series of videos that will cover a lot of the basics for you.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-do-I-in-Unity

Every game system looks a bit different even before applying themes and extensions. Knowing the core concepts is important.

There is also an excellent Discord server from Fantasy Grounds Academy that is very helpful on all the topics.

https://discord.gg/fantasy-grounds-a...96544308051979

Welcome to the forums and welcome to Fantasy Grounds.
    We do not stop playing because we grow old.
    We grow old because we stop playing.

www.islandkingdoms.org

Welcome to the FG forums!

SmiteWorks removed the graphical sidebar buttons a few releases ago in order to make it easier to create and support different graphical themes across multiple rulesets. What you're seeing is the result of that, nothing that you're doing wrong.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Welcome to FGU.

As Trenloe says, the Wolfshield videos look different but the functionality is (mostly) the same. I say mostly as Dakadin has made several upgrades to the system since the videos were created (NPC control by PCs being one example).

There are few FGU RMC gameplay streams on Twitch and youtube which are useful if you're finding your feet from paper to VTT.

Good luck and enjoy.

Rainbird

Cheers everyone, thanks for the insight.

Thread Information