STAR TREK 2d20

New Sound Function

I've been watching Laerun's video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVwWrgbFQZ4 on the new sound function and before I launch into trying to get this to work (looks a bit complex...) I thought I'd ask if anyone has tried this out in RMC? And if the sound triggers will work in RMC?

Thanks,

Rainbird

Yes, they work in RMC. If it is an NPC or Story sound set item, then it will add them to the Context Sounds when they are opened or added to the combat tracker (NPCs only). You can also setup chat triggers to play sounds based on the chat text. Here is one that I setup for sword attacks:
    Sound - Sword Attack.jpg

Hi Dakadin, I see three sounds fo the same effect. Does it mean the sound is random? or cycling ?
    thanks

It seems to randomly play one of the sounds when more than one is listed at least from my testing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin View Post
    It seems to randomly play one of the sounds when more than one is listed at least from my testing.
    Ok, thanks
    BTW, I'll see to find expressions for different sounds based on the roll results

Thanks Dakadin. I was using media player piped in via TEAMs for my sessions but this will make things much easier and stop the PCs peeking behind the 'curtain' as it were.

Regards,

Rainbird

For Context type sound sets, the sounds show up in the Sound: Context window when the matching item, NPC or story page is open. Then, you can play the sounds from there.

For Trigger type sound sets, a randomly selected sound from the set of sounds will be played when the trigger matches a chat message.

Regards,
    JPG

I've been watching the FGA youtube videos but not seen a method of automatically triggering a sound when PCs enter a specific map area. Is there an option for this other than a story?

Give 'em an inch and they'll ask for a mile.... :-)

Thanks

Rainbird

No, there are no automatic map triggers.

The current functionality provides a mechanism to open Context sensitive sound sets on the GM side when images, NPCs or Stories are opened, that the GM can then play. Or you can trigger a random sound from a sound set based on a chat message. (Such as attacks, damage, etc.)

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information