STAR TREK 2d20

LoS intersections no longer making occluders?

I'm not sure when this may have changed, as it has been a while since I was adding LoS to a map...
    Today I was doing LoS on a module I'm working on, and when I overlap LoS to ensure closure, it no longer an occluder at an intersection. This applies to the same and different styles of LoS (ie wall/wall, wall/door).
    This is a pain, because I often will draw all of the doors, then put the wall through all of them while clicking in the middle of each door, then go back and delete the wall inside the door. Much quicker than having to put an occluder on each edge.

Weird. I "stretched" the lines out and the occluders populated. Then the automatic population worked on lines made after that.

If I am understanding correctly I'm not seeing this behaviour. When I overlap one line with another it creates an intersection point when you finish the line. Can you maybe illustrate with a screenshot or two so that we know exactly what you mean.

Also for some time now certain occluder types have a cut out feature. So, for example if you draw a wall and then want to place a door in that wall you can draw a rectangle in the middle of the wall and the centre line will be removed. This works with windows as well by default. You can add this behavior to other occluder types by clicking the snip tool on the right below the tool types. See videos twenty nine and thirty here for more information https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-do-I-in-Unity
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks for letting me know about that change, I'm sure that will deal with the problem.
    To follow up though, here is a picture of what I was talking about.Screenshot 2023-06-28 184300.png
    Once again, I was able to get all of the occluders by extending the wall.
    Not a huge issue, but it threw me off.

Ah, ok. Now that I see the image I can confirm that every so often intersections aren't created when you finish a line. I've never been able to have this happen consistently so I've never reported it. Usually if I go into edit mode and click on the final point it fixes the issue.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I have this same behavior. It's intermittent and I haven't figured out how to make it happen. If I do, I'll post the steps.

Thread Information