DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    I do see your point, but I think you're missing the point I've been trying to get across - the massive overhead required by two small companies to give a very small percentage of users the additional option you mention. This choice was never there before by the way, so there's actually nothing being taken away - I know that's just semantics, but I think it's important when statements like "don't take it from him" are being made; there's nothing being taken away, it's just that there's specific options available from the start of this new functionality and the option you want isn't currently being offered. Nothing is being "taken way", you can keep doing today what you were doing before the FG/Syrinscape integration was released. In fact, you can do more, just not 100% what you want to do...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    We have a meeting set up with Syrinscape to talk about plans for the future next week. Melee Weapons was a pack created by Syrinscape after we had already released the PHB pack and we went back and switched those items over to use it once they were available. Prior to that, there were a lot of weapons that did not have a 1:1 link to a sound in Syrinscape (that we could find). We definitely get the subscription vs 1-time option. That is why we still offer both options for our licenses. Syrinscape also offers individual pack purchases and subscriptions. The existing sound links work best with the subscriptions, but we can raise this issue and see if we can move towards making them a 1:1 with a pack that could be purchased.

It is still fairly new to us and we will hopefully improve our process over time.

Thanks for the feedback.

Great thoughtful explanation Arnagus. I hope that moving forward, hopefully as a result of the meeting demi god ddavison mentioned, things change. +1 Arnagus; +1 ddavison
    Ram

If I am walking with two other men, each of them will serve as my teacher. I will pick out the good points of the one and imitate them, and the bad points of the other and correct them in myself. -- Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    We have a meeting set up with Syrinscape to talk about plans for the future next week. Melee Weapons was a pack created by Syrinscape after we had already released the PHB pack and we went back and switched those items over to use it once they were available. Prior to that, there were a lot of weapons that did not have a 1:1 link to a sound in Syrinscape (that we could find). We definitely get the subscription vs 1-time option. That is why we still offer both options for our licenses. Syrinscape also offers individual pack purchases and subscriptions. The existing sound links work best with the subscriptions, but we can raise this issue and see if we can move towards making them a 1:1 with a pack that could be purchased.

It is still fairly new to us and we will hopefully improve our process over time.

Thanks for the feedback.
    Thanks for jumping in and providing info of future plans Doug!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Good luck with the meeting with Syrinscape and thanks for listening. Having 1:1 packages (or 1: some other, not too big number) would really be great.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post

Thanks for the feedback.
    If you could give us a filter by soundset, in addition to the filter by soundpack, in the sound: settings window it would make our life so much easier. Moon Wizard mentioned there was some inconsistency in the soundset field of the csv as provided by Syrinscape, so maybe it's something that can be brought up in that meeting?

Thread Information