STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Question regarding Syrinscape integration and Packs you can buy from there homepage

Hi,

you can buy packs from Syrinscape - instead of subscribing on a monthly basis. Can i use those files too in FGU and stream them via Syrinscape - or is it like a custom MP3 and i have to use some fm-alternative homepage?

The packs are predefined triggers that rely on you having Syrinscape. Open the full store page to get more information about what they include and what's needed.

You can also see them in action in the v4.4 release video - post #2 here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Grounds-v4-4-0
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Sorry, i can not see anything on there page that makes it clear to me . I asked their support in the meantime if they can finally answer the question.

Okay, according to Syryinscape a bought pack should work with FGU too, so i gonna try it out. Thanks

Any sounds that you own on Syrinscape either from packs or from the subscription will be available to play, and will be retrieved to show locally when you do the Web Import in the Sound: Settings window.

One note is that the Syrinscape Sound Packs sold on FG store were built with the full Syrinscape subscription in use; so some of the sound pack sounds may not work if you do not own those sounds.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    One note is that the Syrinscape Sound Packs sold on FG store were built with the full Syrinscape subscription in use; so some of the sound pack sounds may not work if you do not own those sounds.
    Sorry for resurrecting this threat, but the topic is exactly what I was researching on.
    It looks like there was zero attempt on "consolidating" the sound sets. E.g. some sounds are pretty much the same and used from different sound packs in the Syrinscape packages. You need to either review all triggers, find and update to the ones with "different" soundpack pointers to the ones you own, or suddenly face a missing sound.

I understand that they want to sell their premium subscription, but even a D&D subscription has 3 missing "Death" types and 3 missing "Damage" types.
    This is close to unethical.

Can you please ensure the packages are coded with a minimum need - and especially the ones for the adventures should run WITH the $90 USD adventure pack only!

I bought two packs as impulse buy which I really don’t impulse buy things a lot. Found out with how i set up my sounds already and my “system “ these sound packs offer me zero benefit so I wasted money. It is what it is. Just a cautious tale if you are comfortable with how you been playing syrinscape sounds in your games..don’t be impulsive like me and throw your dollars away. Think on it a bit if you really would find value in the packs first.

Smiteworks offers a full 30-day money back guarantee. No reason to regret your purchases.

I rather suggest to fix them instead of refund. Let me give some numbers: you are pulling (for PHB & MM together) sounds from more than 170 sound packs (note: Packs. Individual Soundsets, we are close to 400). Top runners are „Waterdeep: DotMM 1-6“ with 74 sounds and „Melee Weapons“ - which is as far as I know free - with 55 sounds. For 99 packages, you use 5 or less sounds (36 just a single one) with bizarre choices like the Handaxe happily using the sounds from above mentioned Melee Weapons package but 1 sound (Hatchett) from the non-fantasy „Wild West“ soundset although a perfect matching sound is available in the Melee Weapon package. WHY?
    I understand that pistols or similar sounds refer to Sci-Fi packages, but why referring to „Earth Elemental (Sci-Fi)“ or „Fire Elemental (Sci-Fi)“ for D&D in the first place.
    This can easily be fixed with some Quality Management.

Thread Information