DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 9 of 9 First ... 789
    Are you planning to write your own VLC interface?

Good luck!

This one only uses VLC 2.0 as per the directions/posts you read and video you watched.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Quote Originally Posted by webdove View Post
    Hi,

I am puzzled on this topic by one thing.

I have VLC 3.0.20 setup with a web interface.

When I use chrome to open http://localhost:8080 I get this response:
    Password for Web interface has not been set.
    Please use --http-password, or set a password in
    Preferences > All > Main interfaces > Lua > Lua HTTP > Password.

When I open http://localhost:8080/requests I get
    404 Not found (/requests)

When I invoke C:\"Program Files"\VLC\vlc.exe --http-password="" I still get:
    Password for Web interface has not been set.
    Please use --http-password, or set a password in
    Preferences > All > Main interfaces > Lua > Lua HTTP > Password.

What should I do to allow VLC to accept connections from FGU without a password?

Thanks
    Web Dove
    The issue is that you are using VLC 3.0.20

The VLC extension for FG only works with the old VLC 2.0.0 versions (I know, not ideal).
    There are limitations in to what we can send so we I made this community extension with the older version that didn't require the password.
    Either VLC needs to re-adopt the old way where no passwords is still acceptable, or a future update to our codebase is needed to allow more sensitive information like a password.
    The link to the VLC Archives is on the FGU SOUND - VLC SUPPORT extension page.

Please keep in mind this was not an officially backed Fantasy Grounds extension. I made this in my spare time with their approval and its updated when I have time to.
    If you want to try and update this extension then please feel free to do so. I did release the code so you should be able to see the source code in the extensions section.
    I also made this as a template for other modders to look at if they want to build their own integrations for their favorite media player (Hoping for Winamp *crosses fingers*).
    "If you love it, mod it."
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

I looked at the Atlassian description of the LUA OpenURL operator and it does not appear to have a user/password security option so I don't know how you would make a password work. If anyone can tell me how to include a password as a part of the OpenURL operation I would be happy to experiment with it.
    Last edited by webdove; February 11th, 2024 at 21:19.

I seemed to have a successful setup. I fed my mike and VLC into VB-Cable input and fed vb-Cable output into discord. "Let's check" in Discord is showing both sources properly.
    I have the two Pathfinder 2 Soundlink packs loaded.

I have one remaining question. Since I have stopped my supersyrin subscription to save money in the long term what advice can you offer on where to find useful sounds to put in my fantasy grounds unity data\sounds folder?

If you go into FG discord there is an audio resources channel. Scroll to 6/3/23 and Gwydion posts a ton of resources. I wish I could link it to you but IM not sure how or if that is even possible.

On top of that You can also find some individual sounds form DTRPG.

I am sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, but I could not find it. Are the Syrinscape packs all ruleset dependent? I play 3.5 so if everything is 5th I am out of luck

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by orien45 View Post
    I am sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, but I could not find it. Are the Syrinscape packs all ruleset dependent? I play 3.5 so if everything is 5th I am out of luck
    Yes the sound link packs are ruleset dependent, because they use specific phrases that can be unique to each ruleset. That said, 3.5 might be close enough to 5E that most sounds would work without you adjusting the trigger, BUT you would need the Universal Module Extension to open the module in a 3.5 campaign.

Note that if you purchase through the FG Store, you have 30 days to try it out and if it's doesn't work well enough, then you can return it for a full refund by emailing support.

You also might check the 3.5 forums and the Forge to see if anyone has created a module for that ruleset.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information