DICE PACKS BUNDLE

XML Error: Name cannot begin with the '=' character

have you ever fgot this message before?

ERROR] FormattedText SetValue XML Error: Name cannot begin with the '=' character, hexadecimal value 0x3D. Line 1, position 7561.

it comes up sometimes when a PC attacks.
    Do you know what Name they are referring to? I have no name beginning with =

It's something internally about the way data is passed to the FG APIs. Do you have a set of steps that will recreate the issue?

Regards,
    JPG

I don't know how to generate more verbose log, but I got a clue: this happens when I roll for a missile or thrown weapon attack

I have found out when the Clock Adjuster ext is active the error doesn't show up.
    Still don't understand the relationship between a missile attack roll and the Clock Adjuster ...

Can you post a zipped up copy of your campaign folder, as well as the steps you follow to see the issue? (i.e. open this PC, go to this tab, make this roll, etc.)

I'm not familiar with the ruleset or game system, but trying to help out Dakadin on this one.

Regards,
    JPG

Also, do you have any other extensions active? They might be causing the issue indirectly.

Regards,
    JPG

Yeah, I did some testing and didn't see any errors rolling various ranged attacks.

here it is and thank you so much
    it looks like the error is related to the distance between the tokens.
    I tried to attack with a long bow when in melee (5' distance), and the error didn't show up.
    Attached Files Attached Files

It's caused by the Clock Adjuster "chat log" functionality. Go into the campaign settings and change Clock Adjuster - Chat Logging to disabled.

This specific issue is caused when there is an "=" in the chat output - which is usually for ranged weapons. For example: [Attack] Handaxe [OB - Offense bonus +46] [Range 15' <= 25' -30] vs. Ant (Giant)
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Awesome!
    Now it works like a charm
    thank you so much

Thread Information