STAR TREK 2d20

Effects for items and how to get them toggled when equipped

Hi,
    I'm new of this forum and I hope my question has not been answered before - if so, sorry for my bad searching.. :-(

Is there a way to get an effect into an item and then get it active when the item is equipped?
    E.g. I would like to equip one hand with a torch and get automatically the Light effect active.

No, there isn't any functionality like that in the RMC ruleset.

ok, thank you

Just FYI - there is an "Equipped Effects" extension in the FGU Forge that works for 5e ruleset. IF that works for you:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-when-equipped

It allows you to "equip" an item from your inventory and have an action from that item placed into your Actions tab. It sounds like that is what you are asking for. If you need help working out how to make the extension work, there are Discord threads with lots of knowledgeable people, and you can often even catch the author of the extension or see a video they have posted about it. I believe this extension has a whole video on it. I'll also be happy to answer any questions you have. It's pretty straightforward and wonderfully useful.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-when-equipped

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, Rolemaster is very different than D&D based games. The ruleset doesn't have an Actions tab.

Ouch... I was looking for the Discord threads when I saw your reply Dakadin..

Thread Information