5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Extension or better way to manage number of uses in power groups?

Does anyone know of an extension perhaps or some way to better deal with number of uses for things like items?

Using the 5e ruleset, you can add a "New Power" under the actions tab. which gives you a heading bar that you can set a number of uses for the listings/actions underneath, but you can't define a number uses for each listing, only the top the heading for the entire category.

So for example I have a player with a Necklace of Prayer Beads, which has 4 beads on it, two of which can be used to cast Bless and two can be used to cast Cure Wounds. He has a "New Power" heading set as Necklace of Prayer Beads and underneath there are two Actions, one for each spell type but since the heading sets the number of uses, it appears that he can cast either spell 4 times.

In that case it might be best to make 2 copies of the item. One with (Bless) in the name and other with (Cure Wounds). That way you can set each to 2 uses.

Having all of the different effects under the item is normally best when it is a set # of charges that can be used for any of the effects until charges are gone.

Blog Entries
    You can give different actions different numbers of uses in the same power group. Just go into Preparation Mode; you can give each a value and if/how it refreshes; Once, Daily, Rest.
    Screenshot 2023-06-10 113540.png

Edit: you will have to create two items/powers, one for each type of bead, but they can both be in the same group.
    Last edited by LordEntrails; June 10th, 2023 at 20:08.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Create a power group and set it to spells; drag and drop the spells onto the power group header. Then use preparation mode to give each spell two uses once.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Preparation mode for the win... Thanks, I had a feeling there was an option somewhere.

Thread Information