DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Hey I updated and it still didn't work for skills. It is working for initiative. I had 2 players roll 20's and it worked fine. Not sure what the difference is.

I am also only having success with Initiative rolls. Skills, 1 or 20, nothing happens.

Thanks for the feedback!

My (wild) guess is, there's a conflict with another extension. If you wouldn't mind, could you post a list of extensions you are using?

The code is fairly simple - it overrides the function that does the roll, calls the original code, and then (if enabled and you roll 1 or 20) calls the new code.

On the other hand, I'm still learning this stuff, so maybe I'm missing something...

Maybe @Trenloe has an idea?

Here's the relevant code, in case anyone has a suggestion:

Code:
    function onInit()
       ActionsManager.registerResultHandler("skill", my_onRoll); -- skill checks
    end

function my_onRoll(rSource, rTarget, rRoll) -- override to enhance SKILL check
       ActionSkill.onRoll(rSource, rTarget, rRoll); -- call super

-- If enabled, then roll on a custom table on a natural 1 or 20
       if (OptionsManager.getOption("CAFS") == "on" and rRoll.aDice[1].result) then
          local nDieResult = rRoll.aDice[1].result; -- the roll not including modifiers
          local sSkillName = string.match(rRoll.sDesc, "%[SKILL%] ([%w]+[%w%s]+[%w]+)");

if (sSkillName or "") ~= "" then
             local sTable = ""
             local message = {}

if nDieResult == 20 then
                message.text = sSkillName .. ": Critical Success!"
                message.icon = "cs"
                sTable = "Skill " .. sSkillName .. " Critical"
             elseif nDieResult == 1 then
                message.text = sSkillName .. ": Fumble!"
                message.icon = "cf"
                sTable = "Skill " .. sSkillName .. " Fumble"
             end

-- roll on the associated skill table: "Skill {Skill} Critical" or "Skill {Skill} Fumble"
             if (sTable ~= "") then
                Comm.addChatMessage(message);
                ActionAttack.notifyApplyHRFC(sTable);
             end
          end
       end
    end

Would it be as simple as adding in a new crit and failure tables if you wanted to add in a new skill (say Thieves Tools) and the code would just start using it since it was an action skill rolled and got a 1 or 20? Figuring it is just checking for skill name and the table name based on crit or failure.

That would work for new skills, but currently not for other rolls (like Saves or Attribute checks). Those could be done, but would take some code changes.

So, it wouldn't work for a lockpick check under the RAW (which would be a DEX check I think), but it would work if you used the Sleight of Hand skill.

I'm not sure if FG has some way of doing "tool" checks, but I think it would be nice - maybe there's an extension for that?

I have isolated one extenstion that conflicts: StealthTracker by JustinFreitas

Edit: Out of all the extensions I am using, only StealthTracker by JustinFreitas is conflicting.
    Last edited by Lord Skrolk; June 10th, 2023 at 23:45.

Thanks! I grabbed a copy of that; I'll see if I can figure out how to avoid the conflict.

I posted a message to the author in the StealthTracker forum. Hopefully we can find a work-around.
    Last edited by jkeller; June 11th, 2023 at 00:11.

Justin helped me find a different approach. I tested with both extensions, and there should be no conflict now.

Version 0.3 is up!

When a natural 1 is rolled for Athletics the table rolled on is the Concentration table. Is anyone else getting this?
    Screenshot 2023-06-11 at 2.56.44 PM.png

Thanks for developing this, it has tons of fun potential!

Thread Information