DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by wndrngdru View Post
    BUG: Armor added via Feature from an Ability is cleared when clicking on the magnifying glass in the Armor box on the character sheet.

Example: Ward
    1. Create an Ability with the Feature of Armor with a mod of 1.
    2. Drag/drop ability on character sheet. Armor increases by 1 as expected.
    3. Click magnifying glass in Armor box. Armor increase is removed.
    This should be fixed in the next update.

Quote Originally Posted by wndrngdru
    That said, there's one thing that I'm not a big fan of; the way Descriptors work. Just about any of the abilities a descriptor would grant live exclusively with that descriptor. They're generally not part of the Abilities one would pick for Type or Focus. This means the Abilities library gets "cluttered" with descriptor-specific stuff, though I have been putting them in a single "Descriptor Abilities" category to separate them from the "general population".
    I'm of the opposite mind; I want as many of the game mechanics as possible in the Abilities library so that that they can be re-used as the GM wants. I'll see what I can do to make the abilities either be a link to an existing one, or a local ability that the descriptor holds.

Quote Originally Posted by Saagael View Post
    I'm of the opposite mind; I want as many of the game mechanics as possible in the Abilities library so that that they can be re-used as the GM wants. I'll see what I can do to make the abilities either be a link to an existing one, or a local ability that the descriptor holds.
    I can totally see the benefit. I'm just thinking about how the CSR/CSRD are written. Being able to do either would be really cool.

Wishlist Items:
    • Having the Features box be able to accept a dragged/dropped item or ability and have it understand what's being added. This would save a ton of time when adding Features to Types/Descriptors/Foci.
    • Have Enablers also have the Cost fields available on the Ability's main tab. Some Enablers have a pool cost when used even though they aren't an action. Right now I'm working around it by using an effect that doesn't do anything but pay the cost when the button is clicked. The downside of the workaround is that the cost isn't shown on the character sheet.
    --
    I'm so bassic

Having the Features box be able to accept a dragged/dropped item or ability and have it understand what's being added. This would save a ton of time when adding Features to Types/Descriptors/Foci.
    This is already mostly supported. Don't drag onto the Feature box, but drop the item or ability on the Feature list in the "Other" tab. This will add an ability or item Feature that's set up as the correct type.

Have Enablers also have the Cost fields available on the Ability's main tab. Some Enablers have a pool cost when used even though they aren't an action. Right now I'm working around it by using an effect that doesn't do anything but pay the cost when the button is clicked. The downside of the workaround is that the cost isn't shown on the character sheet.
    I've been meaning to do this for months. I'll get it into the next update (should be this Tuesday) but in the meantime the workaround is to make the ability as an Action, set the cost, and then turn it back to an Enabler.

Quote Originally Posted by Saagael View Post
    This is already mostly supported. Don't drag onto the Feature box, but drop the item or ability on the Feature list in the "Other" tab. This will add an ability or item Feature that's set up as the correct type.
    This doesn't seem to be working for Types.

I've been meaning to do this for months. I'll get it into the next update (should be this Tuesday) but in the meantime the workaround is to make the ability as an Action, set the cost, and then turn it back to an Enabler.
    Oooo... I didn't even think about trying that. Nice workaround.

Also, just wanted to make sure you saw my message about Horror Mode. If it will save you time, I can whip up the extra icons for you (unless you just used a custom text box for it, I didn't crack open the ruleset to see how it's implemented).
    --
    I'm so bassic

BUG: When a roll is made with a pool cost on a stat that has Edge associated with it, the "Use Edge?" check in the modifiers area is toggled.

I'm guessing that's desired if the the check is manually cleared so that it defaults to on. However, it's also clearing automatically when it's already checked.
    --
    I'm so bassic

This doesn't seem to be working for Types.
    I think that's because on a Type, dropping an ability adds it to the list of Abilities, rather than the list of Features. I'll update it so items can be dropped there though.

Also, just wanted to make sure you saw my message about Horror Mode. If it will save you time, I can whip up the extra icons for you (unless you just used a custom text box for it, I didn't crack open the ruleset to see how it's implemented).
    I did see it. If you could make the icons that would be amazing. I rebuilt my PC and haven't been able to find the file I was using for the template icon, which is why I haven't gotten around to it.

BUG: When a roll is made with a pool cost on a stat that has Edge associated with it, the "Use Edge?" check in the modifiers area is toggled.
    This will be fixed in the next update. I originally had the idea that after a player uses Edge it would automatically deselect until the combat tracker turn changes, after which it would be re-enabled. This change ultimately ended up causing more problems than it solved, so it'll be reverted.

Here is a set of icons for the GMIs (same size as the old ones). I hope it's okay that I adjusted the hex to be equal-sided and turned it so it's more like a d20. I needed the extra room for the 2-digit numbers. I also provided replacements for the player intrusion and roll1 icons so they match.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    --
    I'm so bassic

Not sure if this is an actual bug or just not implemented yet.

Recovery rolls are 1d6+Tier, so a starting character should have a recovery roll of 1d6+1. Right now, a new character's "+ box" is zero.
    --
    I'm so bassic

Not sure if this is an actual bug or just not implemented yet.

Recovery rolls are 1d6+Tier, so a starting character should have a recovery roll of 1d6+1. Right now, a new character's "+ box" is zero.
    The +tier is added when someone rolls to recover. The box is for additional modifiers on top of the innate bonus.

Hi, I'm back.

Manually adding an item to the character sheet inventory and changing its type to Weapon does not add it to the Action tab.
    --
    I'm so bassic

Thread Information