DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 5 of 5 First ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by Saagael View Post
    The +tier is added when someone rolls to recover. The box is for additional modifiers on top of the innate bonus.
    ~facepalm~

I actually knew that. I'm entering some pre-gens and looking for where things weren't matching up.
    --
    I'm so bassic

Quote Originally Posted by wndrngdru View Post
    Hi, I'm back.

Manually adding an item to the character sheet inventory and changing its type to Weapon does not add it to the Action tab.
    This is correct. The system will only add a matching weapon entry on the actions tab if a weapon is added via drag/drop. If it's changed to a weapon after the fact, it will not add it. I'll consider if there's a way to make this work cleanly, but it feels like the system will cause more confusion if changing an item's type after it's in someone's inventory messed with other part's of the sheet.

Wish List item:

Check for prerequisites on Abilities and have a pop up when those are not met, e.g., Experienced in Armor requires Practiced in Armor be taken first.

I figure just a string compare check with the character's Abilities tab would suffice 90+% of the time. This would obviously fail if they edit the name of the ability but I think it would be sufficient for catching the errant oops.
    --
    I'm so bassic

BUG

An effect applied during a character's turn with a duration of 1 RND is immediately removed when the CT's Next Actor button is clicked. Expected behavior is for it to be removed at the end of the character's next turn.

EDIT: After testing some more, I am unable to reproduce this. I'll keep an eye on it though.

EDIT 2: Okay, I think I've figured it out. It happens when the PC has the same initiative as the NPCs AND is sorted last due to alpha name sorting.

To recreate:

1. Add an NPC or two to the CT with a level of 1 (init 3)
    2. Give PC an init of 3
    3. Make sure the PC name is such that it is sorted in the CT AFTER the NPCs
    4. Step through Init order until PC's turn.
    5. Add effect with duration of 1 RND to PC.
    6. Click Next Actor
    7. Effect disappears.
    Last edited by wndrngdru; January 16th, 2024 at 20:21.
    --
    I'm so bassic

As a secondary concern to the above, shouldn't the effect last until the END of the character's next turn? This would help with Abilities that use a character's current action but will provide an effect during their next action as long as it's during the next round, e.g., Momentum.
    --
    I'm so bassic

BUG

An effect applied during a character's turn with a duration of 1 RND is immediately removed when the CT's Next Actor button is clicked. Expected behavior is for it to be removed at the end of the character's next turn.

EDIT: After testing some more, I am unable to reproduce this. I'll keep an eye on it though.

EDIT 2: Okay, I think I've figured it out. It happens when the PC has the same initiative as the NPCs AND is sorted last due to alpha name sorting.

To recreate:

1. Add an NPC or two to the CT with a level of 1 (init 3)
    2. Give PC an init of 3
    3. Make sure the PC name is such that it is sorted in the CT AFTER the NPCs
    4. Step through Init order until PC's turn.
    5. Add effect with duration of 1 RND to PC.
    6. Click Next Actor
    7. Effect disappears.
    Thanks for reporting. I'll double check this, it might be something that CoreRPG does that I need to change, or it's because of a recent change.

As a secondary concern to the above, shouldn't the effect last until the END of the character's next turn? This would help with Abilities that use a character's current action but will provide an effect during their next action as long as it's during the next round, e.g., Momentum.
    Never mind on this, now that I understand how the Expend function is supposed to work. :grin:
    --
    I'm so bassic

So, new updates next week?

WISH LIST:

Heal action to allow roll-plus-mod instead of just static numbers. This would allow abilities such as Mind Surge (heals 1d6+6 to Int Pool) to have an easy button instead of manually adding modifier and rolling.
    --
    I'm so bassic

Thread Information