STAR TREK 2d20

Campaign Specific Items

I continue to be confused by the concept of "campaign specific" items - i.e., items that don't show up in the "Items" window.

Is there anywhere you can go to get a list of all "campaign specific" items for a certain module? Is there a way to search "campaign specific" items? I frequently find myself wanting to reference particular item entries, and having to remember where they are linked in the reference manual every time I want to look them up is frankly annoying.
    Last edited by MaxAstro; June 4th, 2023 at 15:03.

Do you have an example of this? I don't usually use the reference manual but haven't found an item yet that is not in the campaigns I'm running.

I've never heard of campaign specific items. Even items that are specific to the module, should be found in the items menu. If they are not that is probably an error you should report.

My confusion stems from being unable to search for certain items in Kingmaker... which I reported as a bug... and was then told that is working as intended, which confuses the heck out of me.

ItemSearch.png

Here are some examples of items clearly existing, but not being searchable - which apparently is intentional? Unless I misunderstood, I was basically told that some items are suppressed from the "Items" window to avoid "cluttering the interface with campaign specific items" or something like that.

I'll be honest it makes no sense to me and I don't at all understand why it works that way. Especially since some really campaign specific treasure, like those silver stag lord amulets you can see in the "stag" search, do show up.
    Last edited by MaxAstro; June 9th, 2023 at 02:31.

I agree with you, and chimed in on the other thread.
    Last edited by Neovirtus; June 10th, 2023 at 00:34. Reason: Was more harsh than necessary.

We're looking into addressing this...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

A ruleset hotfix has been released to show the campaign new items in the Items sidebar. As it's a ruleset fix, any existing links created to the module campaign new items will still work as the module itself isn't being updated.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thank you Trenloe, that is amazingly appreciated.

Thread Information