DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    I'm still not 100% clear on exactly what you want to do. So let's run through an example - a list of NPCs:

• There is a campaign master list of NPCs - where the GM can create new NPCs or edit existing ones; this is all handled by FG natively via the NPCs sidebar.
    • You want to allow a GM to link specific NPCs to another page - I'm not clear if this is purely for reference or if there's some other functionality around this list of linked NPCs.

So, you have a couple of options:
    1. Make a Story or Reference Manual page and drag/drop your NPC links to that page. If what you're looking for is a list of NPCs, then this is your simplest way to do it. See the first screenshot below as an example.
    2. Program a windowlist "somewhere" where you can drag/drop NPCs to. I'm not clear on the "somewhere" - where would this NPC list be applied to? That is, what other window will this windowlist be located within? A basic example of this (an NPC windowlist within another window) is the Encounter window - where NPCs are added to a windowlist within an encounter record. This allows for multiple different encounters, with each encounter having one or more NPCs linked.
    3. You also have a third option - but this depends on exactly what you're actually trying to do. If all you want is the ability for a GM to have a list of specific NPCs, then you can add a field to an NPC and use that as a filter (#1 in the second screenshot below) - then you can filter the NPCs in the standard NPC campaign data lists, or write a grouped list button at the top of the NPC campaign data list that will open and just display the NPCs that have a specific field value (#2 in the second screenshot below).

If these aren't what you're looking for, then please provide more details so that we can give advice which is specific to exactly what your end goal is.

I'm trying the second option for NPCs and spells. I'm currently using the ruleset wizard to do it. thanks so much for your reply.

Quote Originally Posted by twoditdmonk View Post
    I'm trying the second option for NPCs and spells. I'm currently using the ruleset wizard to do it. thanks so much for your reply.
    OK, so we need to know more information - where are these lists of NPCs and Spells stored? If you're having windowlists, then they need to have a specific database location to store the data. This will help answer your questions in post #3 and #6. Is "tab6page" a stand alone window? If so, what is the base database location where this data will be held? Or, is "tab6page" within another window - if so, which window?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

https://youtu.be/FBtQ1xJAfiQ

at the end of the video. is a super brief example of it on linking note entries to a window list. I trying to duplicate it for NPCs and spells.
    Last edited by twoditdmonk; June 5th, 2023 at 16:30.

OK, so we need to know more information - where are these lists of NPCs and Spells stored? If you're having windowlists, then they need to have a specific database location to store the data. This will help answer your questions in post #3 and #6. Is "tab6page" a stand alone window? If so, what is the base database location where this data will be held? Or, is "tab6page" within another window - if so, which window?
    hold on I will take a pic of it in the fantasy grounds tab6page is a separate stand-alone window containing the two windowlists. one for npcs and one for spells I can post the project file or ext file of what i got so far.

tab6fgu.jpg
    Last edited by twoditdmonk; June 5th, 2023 at 16:46.

https://youtu.be/FBtQ1xJAfiQ

at the end of the video. is a super brief example of it on linking note entries to a window list. I trying to duplicate it for NPCs and spells.
    EDIT: thanks for providing the screenshot - that's what I was trying to understand how this all fitted within your extension design.

Looking at your red fields in post #3:

• datasource - you pick the name of this, as this will be the name of the database parent where the data will be stored. Try "spells", "npcs", etc.. Or you could use "spelllists", "npclists", it's up to you.
    • class - use "power" or "npc". There's no differentiation between NPCs and Monsters - they all use the "npc" base data representation.
    Last edited by Trenloe; June 5th, 2023 at 16:51.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

EDIT: thanks for providing the screenshot - that's what I was trying to understand how this all fitted within your extension design.

Looking at your red fields in post #3:

• datasource - you pick the name of this, as this will be the name of the database parent where the data will be stored. Try "spells", "npcs", etc.. Or you could use "spelllists", "npclists", it's up to you.
    • class - use "power" or "npc". There's no differentiation between NPCs and Monsters - they all use the "npc" base data representation.
    thanks so much i give it a go.

thanks so much it works except for the text does not appear.

it works now I also had a width issue which caused it to not work. the only issue I am having is the text is not showing with the link?!
    last error.jpg

here's the code I am missing something I think

Code:
    <root>
      <windowclass name="subwindowlistSpells">
        <placement>
          <size height="25" width="339" />
        </placement>
        <sheetdata>
          <linkfield name="LinkField1">
            <bounds>7,4,20,20</bounds>
            <description>
              <field>name</field>
            </description>
            <class>power</class>
            <selfonempty />
            <allowdrop />
          </linkfield>
          <stringcontrol name="name">
            <bounds>33,3,163,20</bounds>
            <font>reference-r</font>
            <readonly />
          </stringcontrol>
        </sheetdata>
      </windowclass>
    </root>

it works now I also had a width issue which caused it to not work. the only issue I am having is the text is not showing with the link?!
    last error.jpg

here's the code I am missing something I think

Code:
    <root>
      <windowclass name="subwindowlistSpells">
        <placement>
          <size height="25" width="339" />
        </placement>
        <sheetdata>
          <linkfield name="LinkField1">
            <bounds>7,4,20,20</bounds>
            <description>
              <field>name</field>
            </description>
            <class>power</class>
            <selfonempty />
            <allowdrop />
          </linkfield>
          <stringcontrol name="name">
            <bounds>33,3,163,20</bounds>
            <font>reference-r</font>
            <readonly />
          </stringcontrol>
        </sheetdata>
      </windowclass>
    </root>
    Use "stringfield" not "stringcontrol". stringcontrol objects aren't tied to a database field, whereas the stringfield object is.

Use "stringfield" not "stringcontrol". stringcontrol objects aren't tied to a database field, whereas the stringfield object is.
    thanks a bunch! it works fine now. when I am done I will post the ext and project files.
    Last edited by twoditdmonk; June 5th, 2023 at 18:53.

The mythology beta version ext file, and rules wizard project file download.

HEY GUYS,
    THANKS TO EVERYONE THAT HELPED ME CREATE THIS EXT.
    THIS EXT WAS CREATED FOR CORERPG, AND 2E RULESETS HERES A QUICK VIDEO ON IT.
    https://youtu.be/O-OQsDl8-lg

HERE ARE BOTH FILES IN ONE ZIP
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/14en...ew?usp=sharing

YOU CAN CUSTOMISE IT TO SUIT YOUR NEEDS, OR JUST LEARN FROM IT.

Thread Information