FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Champions (MoreCore Extension)

Champions Extension

Champions Extension: This extension provides a reasonable representation of a Champions (Hero System 6e) character sheet, but it doesn't include a lot of automation. It does a "nice" job of dividing things up into separate areas and tabs, and provides access to the MoreCore "rolls and trackers" features. It has been play-tested once for a 3-part scenario with 5 players.

Usual Copyright caveats:
    • Chanpions itself is a DOJ, Inc. product.
    • Based on the MoreCore - ShadowRun 3e extension (check it out here).
    • Languages from the Additional Fantasy Languages and Fonts extension from Trenloe.

Features:
    • Custom background
    • Custom dice tower
    • Check out the image in the next post.

Enjoy!
    LaMorric

Features:
    • Version 0.2.0: Stopped the "Recovery" button from reducing the "Body Wounds" value.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by lamorric; June 24th, 2023 at 01:38. Reason: New Version: 0.2.0

And here is a screenshot.
    MC_Champs-ext.jpg

Good Day lamorric
    Wow this looks amazing! I cannot wait to give it a try!

A little more description, and let me know if you have questions.

I helped my players create rolls (in the "Custom Rolls" box on the "Main" tab) that would roll their attacks, damage, and spend their endurance. I had to apply the damage by hand, and the DVC hit is displayed in the chat. So a little on the manual side.

The "Combat Tracker Values" box on the "Main" tab, has a button to apply a "Recovery" and to "Reset" those values. The Initiative order in Champions is based on SPD and DEX, and is automatically calculated as SPD * 100 + DEX. The phases next to the SPD in the "Characteristics" box will change based on the SPD value. Similarly, the ability rolls will too.

The Main tab Totals box actually tallies the values from the other boxes from each of the other tabs.

Most everything else is just a transfer from HeroDesigner. I did play some games with "Prefixes" on the names of things to get the sorting to work out the way I wanted.

Future updates on my list include:
    • change the "ROUND" counter in Combat Tracker
    • make the phases more of a visual chart
    Last edited by lamorric; June 10th, 2023 at 06:22. Reason: Typo: SPD is multiplied by 100, not 10.

Good Day Lamorric
    Just a quick question, how did you set up the "Use END" button?

Thanks

The MoreCore Ruleset implemented a few extra fields in the Combat Tracker values. One of which is being used for the character's current Endurance (END Remaining).

Specifically, that field was c5 and can be updated using the command /c5mod. The attached picture shows the MoreCore custom rolls used to deduct from the END Remaining, make an attack roll, make a skill roll, and make a damage roll.

Let me know if that was more confusing than helpful, and I'll try again. ;-)

MC_Champs-Rolls.jpg

Good Day Lammoric
    That cleared up the END Use perfectly THANKS!
    I still need to learn what the rest of the options are on the rolls page, the Reference Fields and the Parameters, but the rolls seem to work OK without them populated.

One minor thing I noted was when you do a Recovery from the Main page on the Character Sheet it also recovers Body Damage. I Do not believe it is supposed to work this way. From the 6E book:
    RECOVERING BODY
    A character Recovers a number of BODY in one month equal to his REC. Typically, the GM apportions this BODY over the course of the month.

Bonkon, you are absolutely correct. Probably a cut and paste issue with reusing the "reset" functionality as a starting point for that button.

The extension has been updated in the first post.

Enjoy!
    LaMorric

Good Day LaMorric
    It seems there is a new error message coming up when loading this extension since the upgrade:
    [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "MoreCore:scripts/manager_combat2.lua"]:11: attempt to call field 'setCustomAddNPC' (a nil value)

As I still have not messed with NPC's (Still inputting the manual) I do not know if it is a nuisance error or not.

Thanks

Thread Information