5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Bug or Feature?

Bug or Feature?

So I've got a concern about Pathfinder 1e. Not sure if it goes into other sections of Fantasy Grounds, I haven't tried. (5e, Pathfinder 2e, etc)

I am programming effect for a skill:
    Auspicious Mark; ATK: 1d6; SKILL: 1d6; SAVE: 1d6; ABIL: 1d6; INIT: 1d6; CLC: 1d6; CC: 1d6
    I've set it to Self and for it to expire upon rolling.

When I tested the effect, there was an unexpected result.
    The bonus die worked for ATK, SKILL, ABIL, INIT.
    The bonus die didn't work for SAVE, CLC, CC.

Not sure if this is a bug or intentional design. Hoping maybe you can look into it and patch it. Exceptionally for the SAVE function. CLC and CC are rare.

Additional Note:
    When I roll a SAVE, CLC, CC while the die don't roll, the effect is triggered and expires.
    I also do not use any Forge content.

Blog Entries
    If the effect only does SAVE, or CLC, or CC does it work?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Oh, I see the issue. Look here: PFRPG and 3.5E Effects - Fantasy Grounds Customer Portal - Confluence (atlassian.net)
    SAVE, CLC, and CC only support integers, they do not support die rolls. See the value column in the table I linked.

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thanks, @LordEntrails
    I was wondering why this was happening. It drove me nuts because the effect was triggered, so I knew I was doing it correctly. I know Pathfinder 1e is ancient in terms of systems.

Is there any chance these will get updated to support these die rolls in the future? Mostly looking at the SAVE function?
    Also, any chance the Advantage/Disadvantage can be supported with Pathfinder 1e? (They aren't called that in Pathfinder but they function like 5e's rule.)

Blog Entries
    Updates are possible... but might be unlikely. You can add the request to the WishList (https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/) As for ADV/DIS, I'm sure it could be added with an extension. You should check in the PF1 E sub-forum and see if anyone there knowns of an extension or other options.

I'll look at adding dice support for the CC/CLC tags, since it looks like it will be straightforward. The SAVE bonus is a little more complicated, because it has special casing for PF rules regarding combining bonuses.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by kwarner1986 View Post
    Thanks, @LordEntrails
    Also, any chance the Advantage/Disadvantage can be supported with Pathfinder 1e? (They aren't called that in Pathfinder but they function like 5e's rule.)
    I believe Kelrugem has an extension that adds adv/dis. looking... Yep, its in this excellent extension available free on Forge. and if you are doing a lot of effect coding for PF1e, see my signature for some helpful things. The effects list needs a good bit of work and updating but it is a start. still willing to put people on as editors if they want.
    My First Mod PFRPG - Feats Extended, focusing on PF1e Feats and Racial Traits automation. It is open to community assistance. Here is the forum Link.

40+ PF1e Extensions & Modules I use, with links.

PF1E Coding Effects - Spreadsheet

Discord: Morenu

Is there an official Advantage/Disadvantage mechanic in the Core Rules, or is this a house rule thing?

Regards,
    JPG

Also, just added support for CC/CLC dice expressions in beta Test channel; as well as limited support for SAVE dice expression (if bonus type subtag not defined).
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post688329

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Is there an official Advantage/Disadvantage mechanic in the Core Rules, or is this a house rule thing?

Regards,
    JPG
    Houserule, or atleast not a core book.

Thread Information