5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

AI assisted GM tools

Well it looks like someone is making this. kickstarter. interesting. Any thoughts on this?
    My First Mod PFRPG - Feats Extended, focusing on PF1e Feats and Racial Traits automation. It is open to community assistance. Here is the forum Link.

40+ PF1e Extensions & Modules I use, with links.

PF1E Coding Effects - Spreadsheet

Discord: Morenu

Sound’s interesting.. hope they can meet their goal

It's interesting. I'm always a bit sceptical of the long term survival of web sites because they have ongoing costs. So for the long term, the site will need a periodic payment set of customers to stay online or some other way of generating continuous income or the "lifetime" membership will expire after a year or two.

It still may be worth it, but how good it will be is pretty directly connected to how well the AI is trained. The current sample is very generic and not really that helpful, ie

Quote Originally Posted by GM Wizard
    Adventure Title: The Enchanted Masquerade

Descriptive Elements:
    Scene: Ballroom in an enchanted castle
    Details: Grand chandeliers, towering pillars, exquisite buffet tables and décor of vibrant hues adorn the room.

Dramatic Description:
    As you enter the ballroom, the lingering scent of sweet perfumes and fragrant flowers fills your nose. The charm of the enchanted castle leaves you in awe as you look around at the grand chandeliers sparkling above and towering pillars stretching to the ceiling. The room is filled with vibrant hues and exquisite buffet tables lined with delectable treats. The music is enchanting, and the guests are elegantly dressed in exquisite masks, some of which seem to move and shimmer in the light.

Key Challenge:
    There is an imposter among the enchanting masquerade guests. The players must detect and unmask the imposter before they carry out their villainous plan.
    Possible Solutions:

1. Investigation: The players can attempt to blend in with the guests and investigate to uncover any hidden signs of the imposter’s villainous plot.

2. Perception Check: The players can attempt to use their keen senses to notice any unnatural behavior or strange movements among the guests.

3. Magic Resonance: Players with magical abilities can try to use detect magic to sense any powerful enchantments emanating from one of the guests.

Resolutions:
    Success: If the players can unmask the imposter, they will prevent their plan from being carried out and earn the appreciation of the guests, leading to great rewards.
    Failure: If the imposter manages to complete their plan, the guests will suffer the dire consequences of the villains' machinations and the players may suffer severe consequences.

Side Quests:
    1. A Sneaky Thief: One of the guests is a sly thief who has been stealing precious artifacts. The players can catch the thief and earn themselves a handsome reward.

2. Dancing Competition: A dancing competition is taking place, and the players are invited to participate, entertain the crowd, and earn rewards.

3. A Missing Heirloom: A guest’s heirloom has been lost and the players are asked to find it before the party ends to earn the gratitude of the host.
    The one before it was better but it wasn't a social adventure. The above snippet is 352 words. The "Lifetime" membership has a limit of 100K words a month. A short mini-tome adventure of 2 pages (5ish room dungeon style) has about 1,000 words. The Demonplague, a 1-20 5E adventure, had about 100K words. So the monthly limit seems reasonable.

Blog Entries
    *shrug* It seems like a front end for existing LLM tools. Not that such can't be of value, but it also means other than a UI it doesn't bring anything new. To Griogre's point, are they going to flood the website with ads to pay the ongoing costs? I've also not been very impressed with the LLM AIs. Not that they can't be useful, but I haven't been too impressed with them yet. Coming up with ideas has never been a challenge for me. And since most of my stuff is done in shorthand now days (i.e. bullet points, not full out text) I don't find the output very useful.

Now, I'm all up for others training these AIs, maybe when the get reliable they will be more useful to me. I see great potential in them as exceptional search engines and reference tools.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I backed this one out of curiosity. I'd like to see what a well trained AI would do with RPG adventures. I think their kickstarter would go better if they had just stuck to one thing the generator and adventures and skipped the minis and sound tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by Griogre View Post
    I backed this one out of curiosity. I'd like to see what a well trained AI would do with RPG adventures. I think their kickstarter would go better if they had just stuck to one thing the generator and adventures and skipped the minis and sound tracks.
    I did as well and I agree on their scope being too big, BUT I believe they are creating it no matter what so they may just be listing all the things in their future plans.
    My First Mod PFRPG - Feats Extended, focusing on PF1e Feats and Racial Traits automation. It is open to community assistance. Here is the forum Link.

40+ PF1e Extensions & Modules I use, with links.

PF1E Coding Effects - Spreadsheet

Discord: Morenu

This looked interesting but I don't think it's very sustainable. The AI modeling is changing too much and the laws are as well. Looks like they backed out anyhow.
    Last edited by Laerun; July 3rd, 2023 at 19:28.
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

This was cancelled it seems. On my lunch I happened to check on it.

On the topic of AI tools there’s no stopping it now of course they will be use more and more as time goes on. I just hope it does not get to diluting human creativity so much so that it diminishes need for truly good writers or artists. I use mid journey for character portraits and some scenery images for a home brew and I might use gpt to write a idea for a quest or storyline but I edit it and touch it up personally.

I fear that eventually the AI will be trained on AI content rather than newer, more human created data.
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

Thread Information