DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by GKEnialb View Post
    This is great and should be very useful. There are a couple of advantages pins have over POIs at the moment which would be great if you could incorporate:
    1) On a large map, if you zoom out, pins are still clearly visible (the size doesn't scale with the map). POIs will become smaller as you zoom out, so become harder to see:
    Attachment 57573
    Attachment 57574

2) With line of sight and visibility on (like you'd want in a dungeon), a pin is still visible once a character leaves the area, but a POI isn't:
    Attachment 57575

I imagine both of those are because a POI is associated with a token, so may be hard to do anything about, but figured I'd request them anyway.
    Personally, I prefer that PoIs behave like that, at least in the way how I use it; for example I use them also for aesthetics. If they would scale with the zoom level, then the aesthetics are quickly spoiled And I use PoIs for things on the map with which players can interact, like an NPC, parcel and so on, so that it is nice that it is sensible for visibility stuff So, I am not really using them as pins in the usual sense; but as pins I can see why you want that behaviour

So, if PoIs would be changed to behave more like pins, then I'd be happy if there are options for their behaviour

This is great and should be very useful. There are a couple of advantages pins have over POIs at the moment which would be great if you could incorporate:
    1) On a large map, if you zoom out, pins are still clearly visible (the size doesn't scale with the map). POIs will become smaller as you zoom out, so become harder to see:
    Attachment 57573
    Attachment 57574

2) With line of sight and visibility on (like you'd want in a dungeon), a pin is still visible once a character leaves the area, but a POI isn't:
    Attachment 57575

I imagine both of those are because a POI is associated with a token, so may be hard to do anything about, but figured I'd request them anyway.
    These are both excellent suggestions and options that I would like to have as well. Unfortunately FG does not have the tools to support these features, at least not to my knowledge. There's no way of knowing when an image's zoom changes, thus I have no way of knowing when to update a token's scale. And there is no way of telling FG that a token should ignore line of sight for its visibility.

If either of these things are changed, I'd be happy to add them as options.

That's what I figured. Thanks for considering, though.

There seems to be a bug in the latest release of FG to 4.4, I can't double click on the tokens in a battle map when I have this .ext enabled

Quote Originally Posted by Springroll View Post
    There seems to be a bug in the latest release of FG to 4.4, I can't double click on the tokens in a battle map when I have this .ext enabled
    Thanks for reporting. I just pushed v1.0.3 to the Forge and it fixes this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Saagael View Post
    Here's a list of sources for map icons that I've used
    Thanks for this! Is there a way to download these tokens en masse from the pages?

On a related note. Has anyone seen any tokens that would be suitable for humanoid (orc, goblin etc) camp tokens?
    Last edited by seycyrus; June 17th, 2023 at 16:38.

Quote Originally Posted by seycyrus View Post
    Thanks for this! Is there a way to download these tokens en masse from the pages?

On a related note. Has anyone seen any tokens that would be suitable for humanoid (orc, goblin etc) camp tokens?
    I don't know of an easy way to download all of the icons. I went through and saved each image that I wanted.

For your second question: I've been using the "Camp" icon from Elder Scrolls Online for those kinds of thing.

Attachment 57573
    Attachment 57574

Attachment 57575

I really thought that was part of the point of it.
    If you get a lot of pins in an area, you can't see anything but like 3 pins even though there is like 100 there, it looks like a mess. Whereas with this you can see much better the area when zoomed out.
    -MrDDT
    Discord @mrddt

Really click this link and vote for your FGU wishes, more votes is more likely to get done and get what you want done.
    http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/
    Vote For Idea to Default Modules to GM Only
    Vote For Idea to Give GM More Hotkey Options
    Vote For Idea to Disable Dice Animations

Quote Originally Posted by seycyrus View Post
    For some pages, if you save the page from the browser you get the images as well. In MS Edge I tried settings -> More Tools -> Save page as.

This will download an HTML file for the page and a folder (of the same name) with the graphics from the page.

EDIT: The Elder Scroll page stalled at around 60% in Edge. I tried in Firefox and it downloaded very quickly.
    Last edited by Trenloe; June 18th, 2023 at 11:02.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    ... I tried in Firefox and it downloaded very quickly.
    You're a gentlemen and a scholar, thanks!

Thread Information