5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Accept/Reject All Movements

Hello,

I asked this discord and got conflicting answers. Is there a way for a DM to accept or reject all token movement requests at once… one click?

If not, does anyone know of a utility extension that possible adds this functionality.

I often get overwhelmed in locked token mode, having to click ( n ) number of accepts.

It would be really nice to be able to do this, perhaps a button on the image near the lasso?

Thank you!

I said on Discord that you had to click individually, but someone else said you could use the group select icon in the map toolbar to select all of the tokens and then click accept in one and they would all move. I never tried that out (I don’t think it actually works that way); but did you try it?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I said on Discord that you had to click individually, but someone else said you could use the group select icon in the map toolbar to select all of the tokens and then click accept in one and they would all move. I never tried that out (I don’t think it actually works that way); but did you try it?
    I can't think of a better way to borderline brick your PC if a few of those tokens moving have light sources active.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

I saw the post, tried the suggestion, it didn’t work. Im asking if there is any alternative. Perhaps i’ll just do my own research. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spencerg View Post
    I saw the post, tried the suggestion, it didn’t work. Im asking if there is any alternative. Perhaps i’ll just do my own research. Thanks
    So, indeed then the only way is to accept the movement individually.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Or, depending on the scenario, turn off movement lock for times like that.

Not sure if you're aware that's a thing or not.

Yes, fully aware.

What im asking for is more helpful outside of combat when you want to control the board and ensure people are not running off where they shouldn’t , but not have to click accept 47 times. Id rather have everyone move their token where they want, review all movements, and accept or reject. The clicking gets gets very tedious, and as you said i wind up turning off token lock. I for one don’t use a ton of light sources for the very reason john stated, it will bog down.

Bottom line is, the ability to do this doth not exist. Perhaps there is technical reasons why they choose to implement this way, but the workflow always felt odd to me.

Regardless, thank you for your help. Two other DMs i know asked the same question so I went on a treasure hunt.

Correct - sorry for late reply, juggling a few threads

Blog Entries
    Sounds like the suggestion should be make on the FG Wish List, link in Mr. Z's signature.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information