STAR TREK 2d20

How can we incorporate homebrew flanking rules in Fallout2d20

Greetings fellow wastelanders!

Our group experimented with homebrew flanking rules using the modifiers, but it appear the the coding for the 2d20 system doesn't mesh with the modifier system. Does anybody have any clever ideas on how to implement a flanking rule (maybe add a free 2d20 without using an action point) or is anybody that's experienced with creating extensions have some solution to using the modifiers in the 2d20 system?

Thanks for the consideration, may your luck help you survive the wastelands,

Jack
    FGU Ultimate|OGL 1.0a forever | Open RPG Creative (ORC) license!
    I play and GM everything and anything!
    Come join me and make some memories of another life.
    DMing Curse of Strahd with 6 wonderful people.
    Playing 5e in Midgard with Sir Greystone
    Playing Rolemaster and Fallout 2d20 with GM Max
    Playing Against the Darkmaster with Kergan
    Solo Roleplaying to become a better GM and experiment with systems that aren't as popular.

Hi Jack,
    This would be totally homebrewed...
    Two player characters: Character A is conducting the flank attack and Character B is the one the NPC is currently focused on (in melee with).
    You could have Character B in the melee roll an assist to aid Character A without that Character B using an action (to simulate the advantage of the NPC being focused on Character B). That might give Character A an additional success or two depending on how focused the enemy became on Character B.

To do this in game, have Character B describe why the NPC is so focused on him/her and pick the ability and skill that best represents that action. Have the player for Character B select those two skills and roll the die while holding shift. That will roll only one die. Then have character A make his/her attack. I can't remember if the assist die automatically adds to the successes of the Character A's roll, but even if it doesn't it's pretty easy to add them in your head and decide if Character A can apply damage or not.

If that doesn't suit you and you just want the flanking character to roll a third die, you could have them pick up the dice from the weapon by left clicking and holding the dice, then right click adding a third die and then chuck them into the chat box for resolution.

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Urqy View Post
    Hi Jack,
    This would be totally homebrewed...
    Two player characters: Character A is conducting the flank attack and Character B is the one the NPC is currently focused on (in melee with).
    You could have Character B in the melee roll an assist to aid Character A without that Character B using an action (to simulate the advantage of the NPC being focused on Character B). That might give Character A an additional success or two depending on how focused the enemy became on Character B.

To do this in game, have Character B describe why the NPC is so focused on him/her and pick the ability and skill that best represents that action. Have the player for Character B select those two skills and roll the die while holding shift. That will roll only one die. Then have character A make his/her attack. I can't remember if the assist die automatically adds to the successes of the Character A's roll, but even if it doesn't it's pretty easy to add them in your head and decide if Character A can apply damage or not.

If that doesn't suit you and you just want the flanking character to roll a third die, you could have them pick up the dice from the weapon by left clicking and holding the dice, then right click adding a third die and then chuck them into the chat box for resolution.

Hope that helps.
    Thank you for the suggestion, much appreciated!
    FGU Ultimate|OGL 1.0a forever | Open RPG Creative (ORC) license!
    I play and GM everything and anything!
    Come join me and make some memories of another life.
    DMing Curse of Strahd with 6 wonderful people.
    Playing 5e in Midgard with Sir Greystone
    Playing Rolemaster and Fallout 2d20 with GM Max
    Playing Against the Darkmaster with Kergan
    Solo Roleplaying to become a better GM and experiment with systems that aren't as popular.

Thread Information