DICE PACKS BUNDLE

defend action not working at all

currently, the only way for me to change a character's D factor is by raising their agility to 9 or more, which only gets it to 2, then reducing. got to be a better way thru your coding? is there a fix on the way? changing the D factor manually will NOT effect the automation. it always defaults to the character's D factor listed on the sheet, which is 1.

@superteddy57 is away on vacation this week.

Was spread something that was originally automated? If not, it's probably something that needs to be done manually.
    We can ask superteddy57 when he returns.

Regards,
    JPG

If you are talking about their Defense rating, I have added 5 effects to the effect list that adds a defense value to their existing rating. As part of the pre-roll, I just drop the effect on the target (PC or NPC depending on who is doing the shooting) and delete as necessary. Here's the code:
    Difficulty Increase; DEFENSE: 1
    I set the duration to 0 and just remove when no longer needed. I have five different effects set up to cover increases from 1 to 5.

If that is not what you are asking about, please disregard.

You can do it either with effects or the editor on the charsheet

https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...haracter+Sheet
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    @superteddy57 is away on vacation this week.

Was spread something that was originally automated? If not, it's probably something that needs to be done manually.
    We can ask superteddy57 when he returns.

Regards,
    JPG
    this is not about spread.

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    You can do it either with effects or the editor on the charsheet

https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...haracter+Sheet
    AGAIN!!! we are NOT ALLOWED to edit D factors. defense is a BASIC concept of the game, listed under ACTIONS, the very center of the system. there are NO EFFECTS listed at all, that effect D factors. all there is are, prone, dazed, encumbered, dying, bleeding. none of those effect the D factor at all. NOTHING, but increasing and decreasing agility changes a PC's D factor.

so you went 0 for 3 today. swing and a miss on................................... spread, road leathers, and D factor increase when PC calls a defense action.

Doesn't the effect DEFENSE: x affect the defense value? So DEFENSE: 1 will increase defense by 1?

That's my (admittedly limited) reading of the wiki article on effects for the Fallout ruleset https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...0+Base+Effects
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Immelmann View Post
    AGAIN!!! we are NOT ALLOWED to edit D factors. defense is a BASIC concept of the game, listed under ACTIONS, the very center of the system. there are NO EFFECTS listed at all, that effect D factors. all there is are, prone, dazed, encumbered, dying, bleeding. none of those effect the D factor at all. NOTHING, but increasing and decreasing agility changes a PC's D factor.

so you went 0 for 3 today. swing and a miss on................................... spread, road leathers, and D factor increase when PC calls a defense action.
    You have quite a few threads spread around and I responded as I saw them. Not sure why the hostility. The link for the wiki does provide more information as I mentioned here.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post688096
    Last edited by superteddy57; May 31st, 2023 at 13:14.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Thread Information