DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    i tried, but both files are just a txt.

txt files.png
    Last edited by banz0; May 30th, 2023 at 17:15.

Blog Entries
    Run the executable (the file that ends in .exe and has the FG logo) and not the text file (which ends in .txt). You may want to turn on Show File Extensions in your explorer View options.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Run the executable (the file that ends in .exe and has the FG logo) and not the text file (which ends in .txt). You may want to turn on Show File Extensions in your explorer View options.
    the exe in the program files folder, right? i run it several times, because i'm playing on weekends, and doing this changes nothing, don't install FGU.

fgu updater.png

Blog Entries
    See that Log button? Click that and upload the log file here. It's acting like anti-virus is blocking it, but the log file will help us identify that.

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

log uploaded.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I suspect as LE says that something is preventing FGU from installing properly or a file has been corrupted somewhere along the line. Try first of all deleting the installation folder entirely and download the installer again and then try to install again. If FGU still doesn't install then I'd suspect your anti virus is inhibiting the installation. See the link below for how to whitelist programs. Make sure that you whitelist the entire installation folder. Once you have done that run the updater direct from the installation folder again to see if it will now install FGU. (also accept the default locations for the install if you didn't originally).

https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...s+Applications
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    The log file shows that FGU is up to date. So I wonder if it is just installed to a different location than you expect.

Two ways I can think of to try and find it;
    1) search your entire computer for "FantasyGrounds.exe" See if it finds more than one.
    2) or, open your Registry Editor (don't modify anything here, just look!) Browse to 'Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SmiteWorks\F antasy Grounds' Find what is listed for the Name "AppDir" In a regular explorer window go to that directory and run FantasyGrounds.exe

It looks like you have the app and data directory the same - this can cause issues. I recommend you run the updater, click the "Settings" button and go to the "Advanced" tab - make sure that the App directory is not the same as the data directory. The default for the App directory is C:\Program Files\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds and that is the recommended directory to use - I'd recommend using that, saving the settings and then running an update.

https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...-+Advanced+tab
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

i did all you said and FGU was not installed...

at least the shortcut name is correct lol

FGU shortcut.png
    Last edited by banz0; June 1st, 2023 at 06:27.

Thread Information