5E Character Create Playlist

License Key Conflict

I have run two instances of FG on the same computer for years, usually for a map displayed on a screen or just to NPC a character. Today I tried to run the second instance and it displayed a "License Key Conflict" error. Is there any way to resolve the error or am I just screwed? I have the Ultimate edition so worst case I guess I could join from a different computer but that seems like extra work.

This sometimes happens. Make sure that you come out of FG completely and restart and it should resolve itself.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    If the GM session was open for more than a certain number of hours its license check may have expired. I dont know how many hours but there is something like that going on.

I am having the same issue, only in my case I am trying to have my wife and daughter on at the same time but on two different computers. The computer my daughter has used to be the one my wife played on my table, but she has a new computer and plays on that one. My daughter has a fresh install of FGU Demo and her own account. I deleted all the old files I could find and uninstalled FGU and reinstalled FGU Demo (My wife has the Ultimate Edition). This makes it difficult to have them both playing at the same time since only one or the other can be logged in.

Quote Originally Posted by Silmeril View Post
    I am having the same issue, only in my case I am trying to have my wife and daughter on at the same time but on two different computers. The computer my daughter has used to be the one my wife played on my table, but she has a new computer and plays on that one. My daughter has a fresh install of FGU Demo and her own account. I deleted all the old files I could find and uninstalled FGU and reinstalled FGU Demo (My wife has the Ultimate Edition). This makes it difficult to have them both playing at the same time since only one or the other can be logged in.
    On the FG startup screen click the Setting button. On the first tab (Basic), delete the license key and click the Save button. Then click the Update button. Once the update has finished, click the Launch Fantasy Grounds button and check that the version in the top right of the screen has FREE in the name.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Fixed it! Thank you!

Thread Information