5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Bug testing Extensions - Option to turn off?

I know that some extensions have settings in the option menu to turn off and on various features. Would it be possible to have an option in game to let us turn off an extension? mainly for bug testing. otherwise it is a load and unload situation that takes infinitely longer. we have an error that is difficult to reproduce but pops up every session. as a group we would be more than willing to bug test it for 30 mins but reloading takes 15 minutes in and of itself.

I am sure this would be VERY difficult for larger extensions that override FGU code but Its a thought.

Thx
    My First Mod PFRPG - Feats Extended, focusing on PF1e Feats and Racial Traits automation. It is open to community assistance. Here is the forum Link.

40+ PF1e Extensions & Modules I use, with links.

PF1E Coding Effects - Spreadsheet

Discord: Morenu

The problem is that extensions add code to the ruleset you are using and extensions therefore get loaded after the ruleset. You can't switch off the ruleset - which is basically what you would need to do. The options to turn features off or on are handled by code in the extension; so you aren't actually removing code. So once an extension is loaded there's no way to remove it other than disabling it before you start your campaign.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

While I understand you pain and there is a reason most IDEs have a debug compile...

The problem with ideas like this is, unless there is a high level way of disabling things in mass, what would have to happen is to have a bool check on every feature point, basically doubling the number of decisions in the code for a rare use case.

This doubling would always effects the codes performance and while it would be trivial on a small number of decisions - on larger numbers it just isn't worth slowing everything down.

The extension can itself implement an extension to enable/disable it's own features. I've seen some extensions that do that, but not very many.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    The extension can itself implement an extension to enable/disable it's own features. I've seen some extensions that do that, but not very many.

Regards,
    JPG
    That's sort of what I meant. just not sure if it is all that easy. maybe an on off extension section and any extension creator that wants to could put an on off switch there.
    Last edited by Morenu; May 29th, 2023 at 02:20.
    My First Mod PFRPG - Feats Extended, focusing on PF1e Feats and Racial Traits automation. It is open to community assistance. Here is the forum Link.

40+ PF1e Extensions & Modules I use, with links.

PF1E Coding Effects - Spreadsheet

Discord: Morenu

Thread Information