DICE PACKS BUNDLE

adding a spell tag for coding

I am using most of the extensions from Bmos, Kelrugem and others that add new coding effects (see my link in my signature if you want).

My tattooed sorcerous has a Varisian Tattoo that adds CL:1 to evocation spells as well as to all of my Bloodline spells. Can we add a Tag to spells on our action tab and have that tag picked up in the coding below?

This works fine for evocation:
    Varisian Tatoo; IFTAG: spell; IFTAG: evocation; CL: 1

This is what I would like to have work as well by adding the bloodline tag to the spell, but I have been unsuccessful so far.
    Varisian Tatoo; IFTAG: spell; IFTAG: bloodine; CL: 1

and the best would be something like this:
    Varisian Tatoo; IFTAG: spell; IFTAG: evocation OR bloodine; CL: 1
    My First Mod PFRPG - Feats Extended, focusing on PF1e Feats and Racial Traits automation. It is open to community assistance. Here is the forum Link.

40+ PF1e Extensions & Modules I use, with links.

PF1E Coding Effects - Spreadsheet

Discord: Morenu

Quote Originally Posted by Morenu View Post
    I am using most of the extensions from Bmos, Kelrugem and others that add new coding effects (see my link in my signature if you want).

My tattooed sorcerous has a Varisian Tattoo that adds CL:1 to evocation spells as well as to all of my Bloodline spells. Can we add a Tag to spells on our action tab and have that tag picked up in the coding below?

This works fine for evocation:
    Varisian Tatoo; IFTAG: spell; IFTAG: evocation; CL: 1

This is what I would like to have work as well by adding the bloodline tag to the spell, but I have been unsuccessful so far.
    Varisian Tatoo; IFTAG: spell; IFTAG: bloodine; CL: 1

and the best would be something like this:
    Varisian Tatoo; IFTAG: spell; IFTAG: evocation OR bloodine; CL: 1
    You can add custom tags and it should work One thing I noticed: You have a typo, it should be boodline, you forgot the l That may explain why you have an error (so, double-check your spelling everywhere )

And for the last wish: I coded the IFTAG as an (inclusive) OR operator So, just write Varisian Tatoo; IFTAG: spell; IFTAG: evocation, bloodline; CL: 1
    I.e. separate the tags by a comma, that is read as an OR

By the way, if the tattoo is a permanent thing, then I think you could just adjust the CL permanently for all your spells of that type in the sheet
    Last edited by Kelrugem; May 31st, 2023 at 14:33.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    You can add custom tags and it should work One thing I noticed: You have a typo, it should be boodline, you forgot the l That may explain why you have an error (so, double-check your spelling everywhere )

And for the last wish: I coded the IFTAG as an (inclusive) OR operator So, just write Varisian Tatoo; IFTAG: spell; IFTAG: evocation, bloodline; CL: 1
    I.e. separate the tags by a comma, that is read as an OR

By the way, if the tattoo is a permanent thing, then I think you could just adjust the CL permanently for all your spells of that type in the sheet
    LOL ugh Fing hate my eyesight. thx for the misspell catch. thats perfect. and then just add bloodline to the spell tag line...

Now your last line. yes the tat is permanent, But I didn't think you could add CL to individual spells on the action tab. I could make a spell class that was 1 CL higher and only put bloodline and evocation spells there but that would be confusing AF. I know I can add a CL: 1 to the roll or round or overall, but I did not think you could add it to the individual spells (would be nice though)
    My First Mod PFRPG - Feats Extended, focusing on PF1e Feats and Racial Traits automation. It is open to community assistance. Here is the forum Link.

Quote Originally Posted by Morenu View Post
    LOL ugh Fing hate my eyesight. thx for the misspell catch. thats perfect. and then just add bloodline to the spell tag line...

Now your last line. yes the tat is permanent, But I didn't think you could add CL to individual spells on the action tab. I could make a spell class that was 1 CL higher and only put bloodline and evocation spells there but that would be confusing AF. I know I can add a CL: 1 to the roll or round or overall, but I did not think you could add it to the individual spells (would be nice though)
    I mean you could adjust the data affected by the CL (like increasing the CLC by 1 and so on), though might be indeed a bit nasty to do when there is a spell with "every third caster level do [...]"

adding that line to the combat tab permanent effects worked perfect once spelled correctly. added bloodline; to each of the bloodline spells (1 per level) so here is another question...

Shadow Bloodline, Bloodline Arcana is supposed to add to Stealth Whenever you cast a spell with the [darkness] descriptor or the shadow subschool. you gain a circumstance bonus on Stealth checks equal to the spell’s level for 1d4 rounds.

So something like this for each spell level. add the TAG BLarcana# to any spell that with darkness or shadow

BL Arcana; IFTAG: spell; IFTAG BLarcana1; SKILL:1 stealth (circumstance 1d4rnds) (I do not know if circumstance or duration is possible)
    BL Arcana; IFTAG: spell; IFTAG BLarcana2; SKILL:2 stealth (circumstance 1d4rnds) and so on

but that character would end up with 9 checks plus the Evocation/bloodline check every time she casts a spell
    and what happens if she casts a shadow spell 2 consecutive rounds? if the circumstance label is possible then there is no stacking issue but...

Not a crucial issue and not something she needs but interested if its possible

For the skill part you can certainly write SKILL: X circumstance, stealth And the duration of an effect entry (click its magnifying glass) allows using dice to define the duration of an effect

Thread Information