DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Can't buy Forge tokens with a credit card

I tried to buy Forge tokens with a credit card after buying a module for PF2 successfully with a credit card. On the page where you fill in your card info, there is a section that says "Save your info and create a PayPal account". On the module purchase page, there is a toggle switch next to it, which can be turned off to pay with a card. On the token page, there is no toggle. I thought that might help debugging the issue.

Has anyone discovered why this is happening. I have several modules I would like to purchase, but am unable to do so.

As far as I know the only option to buy from Smiteworks is via PayPal. You can buy via PayPal with a credit card I believe, without requiring to create an account; but not sure about that.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    I made a change a while back and when I test it now, I get an option to a pay with Debit or Credit Card.

IMG_3737.png
    Last edited by ddavison; July 4th, 2023 at 14:04.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    I made a change a while back and when I test it now, I get an option to a pay with Debit or Credit Card.

IMG_3737.png
    I get that page too. It's the next page that is the problem. For the Forge, there is no toggle to pay with a card, just an attempt to get me to sign up for PayPal.

I can buy from the regular store with a card thru PayPal, just not from the Forge, which makes me think it is a settings issue.

Blog Entries
    The very next screen I see when I click on Pay with Debit or Credit Card is a Guest checkout. There is an option at the bottom to Save your payment info, but that appears to be optional. Do you see a different screen? Also, are you based in the U.S. or a different country?

pp2.jpg

I do this as well. Toggling the button at the bottom does allow purchase and does not require a sign up. PayPal and I are not on good speaking terms since the divorce. ROFL.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    The very next screen I see when I click on Pay with Debit or Credit Card is a Guest checkout. There is an option at the bottom to Save your payment info, but that appears to be optional. Do you see a different screen? Also, are you based in the U.S. or a different country?

pp2.jpg
    Here are the screens that I am having trouble with. The FG store has a toggle that allows me to pay with a card as a guest. The Forge one doesn't.

paypal fg order.png FG store
    paypal forge order.png Forge store

Blog Entries
    Those don't match my screenshots. What country are you located in?

The Forge uses a different payment system than the main FG site. It is a newer system within PayPal, so the settings are definitely different. Hopefully we can find a way to get them working the same way for you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rickyhunt View Post
    Here are the screens that I am having trouble with. The FG store has a toggle that allows me to pay with a card as a guest. The Forge one doesn't.

paypal fg order.png FG store
    paypal forge order.png Forge store
    Have you ever logged into Paypal on this computer/browser?
    For me I dont get the option to pay as Guest on Forge if I use my regular browser that I do logon to Paypal with.
    If I use another browser I get the Continue as Guest option.

Thread Information