Starfinder Playlist
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinFreitas View Post
    Ok, I'll account for adjustment of the modifier and also setting a static DC. So how about (DC 10) for the static DC, defaulting to normal non-static, modified version. Then for modified/normal behavior we can do (MOD 10), defaulting to five. Any incorrect syntax won't be recognized and the defaults will be used.

So some examples would be:
    Undead Fortitude
    Undead Fortitude (DC 11)
    Undead Fortitude (MOD 10)
    Undead Fortitude (BAD XX) <-- Bad syntax, defaults will be used.
    Thanks sounds EPIC!

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Thanks sounds EPIC!
    That makes me happy. I can also make it work with the word Death instead of Undead so that it applies to more use case scenarios... just in case your creature isn't undead. Here are some examples of (future) working trait names:
    Undead Fortitude
    Death Fortitude
    Death Fortitude (DC 11)

That makes me happy. I can also make it work with the word Death instead of Undead so that it applies to more use case scenarios... just in case your creature isn't undead. Here are some examples of (future) working trait names:
    Undead Fortitude
    Death Fortitude
    Death Fortitude (DC 11)
    What about Death Ward, Strength of the Grave and Reckless Endurance or am I getting crazy? Sounds like it's in the same wheelhouse.

Yeah, that came to my mind also. Lemme do the static DC and modifier first... then I can mess with the wording later on. I remembered about the radiant damage thing too. Undead Fortitude accounts for that, but some of the others you mentioned don't. So yeah... let's do the DC/MOD stuff first.

Those changes made it in. I also made the extension much more reliable and fix a ton of bugs I found along the way. Lemme know if you have any issues. Basically, it supports those modifiers now... DC to set a static DC, MOD to override the DC modifier used in damage calculation, which defaults 5 for Undead Fortitude, and a way to disable all of the restrictions/exclusions like 'radiant' going thru 'Undead Fortitude' and Critical Hits going thru, etc... that is: no mods. For now, the word Fortitude must be in the trait name, although, the prefix and suffix can vary.

So some usage examples might be:
    Undead Fortitude <-- Normal Undead Fortitude, DC 5 + DMG
    Undead Fortitude (DC 15) <-- No damage calculation... DC 15 every time.
    Creature Fortitude (MOD 10) <-- Note, this one would ignore radiant because it's not Undead Fortitude proper.
    Undead Fortitude (no mods) <-- radiant damage and critical rolls would still get save in this case.

Those changes made it in. I also made the extension much more reliable and fix a ton of bugs I found along the way. Lemme know if you have any issues. Basically, it supports those modifiers now... DC to set a static DC, MOD to override the DC modifier used in damage calculation, which defaults 5 for Undead Fortitude, and a way to disable all of the restrictions/exclusions like 'radiant' going thru 'Undead Fortitude' and Critical Hits going thru, etc... that is: no mods. For now, the word Fortitude must be in the trait name, although, the prefix and suffix can vary.

So some usage examples might be:
    Undead Fortitude <-- Normal Undead Fortitude, DC 5 + DMG
    Undead Fortitude (DC 15) <-- No damage calculation... DC 15 every time.
    Creature Fortitude (MOD 10) <-- Note, this one would ignore radiant because it's not Undead Fortitude proper.
    Undead Fortitude (no mods) <-- radiant damage and critical rolls would still get save in this case.
    Very awesome! Thank you, I will test it out and let you know if I have issues.

This is an awesome extension, first off. I was messing around with it today and had a hiccup. I didn't know if it was me or the ext.

When I apply the trait to another NPC and they fail the save, it applies what was rolled on the d20 for the save as damage instead of the original damage roll. See Image 1. It will kill the NPC if the "new damage" is high enough, but won't if it isn't.
    Undead Fort 1.png

Quote Originally Posted by kreppulun View Post
    This is an awesome extension, first off. I was messing around with it today and had a hiccup. I didn't know if it was me or the ext.

When I apply the trait to another NPC and they fail the save, it applies what was rolled on the d20 for the save as damage instead of the original damage roll. See Image 1. It will kill the NPC if the "new damage" is high enough, but won't if it isn't.
    Undead Fort 1.png
    Thanks for the bug report! I'll try and fix it over the weekend.

Hey kreppulun... I pushed up a fix for that issue with the damage on FGU. The problem was that I was incorrectly cobbling together the damage roll, so instead, I now use the original and just modify it before damage application. It's up on the Forge and it's v2.0.1. I really appreciate you taking the time to report the issue. Sorry for causing you problems and I hope the extension serves you well. Lemme know if you have any more problems.

Really like the addon by the way. Huge time saver. I just wanted to report some unexpected behavior I found. I don't want you to think this is a complaint or me asking for a fix. I can work around this problem easily by rolling manual saves (or doing the math in my head). I just thought that if I had written this extension, I would want to know about this.

So I DM with a combination of players, some of which like to use real dice IRL and some like to use the FG interface. So often what I end up doing is that they tell me what they rolled for damage, and I type the number into the "Modifier" box in the lower left corner, and then drag it on to the "Wounds" category on the appropriate NPC on the combat tracker. FG understands this as damage being done to that NPC.

When I do this to a creature with Undead Fortitude, with your extension running, and it is enough damage to down the creature: It sets off the con save as expected. It sets the DC of the con save correctly. BUT it adds the damage as a bonus to the con save roll.

For example:
    Zombie has a Con modifier of +3.
    Zombie has 5 current hit points (with a max of 22).
    PC hits Zombie for 7 dmg.
    Undead Fortitude extension sets off DC12 Con save and rolls 1d20+10.
    (Expected in this situation would be 1d20+3).

Thank you very much for your time and consideration.

Thread Information