DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

FG Builder Markup Code or Import

Hey Crazy Gang!

I'm trying to write my own campaign notes at the moment and am struggling with time simply because I don't get much free time in front of my home PC where I can spin up FG, fire up the Builder and write. I do get a decent amount of free time in front of a different computer, however. So I am wondering if there is some sort of way to write stuff away from FG, using a markup language if necessary, and then import or copy/paste that into the Builder when I am in front of FG.

Is this possible? And if so, any guidance on how?

Cheers!
    Blakey

Blog Entries
    This might get you what you want: Module Maker (fantasygrounds.com)

If not, you could just create all the text in plain text and then not format it until you get into FG. Not ideal, but would make your time on your own PC as effective as possible.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    This might get you what you want: Module Maker (fantasygrounds.com)
    Quick scan and that looks like it might well do the job. Thanks for the pointer. I'll get reading!

Yes, you can use some markup on plain text files. Copy/paste into FGU and then reparse text. See video Forty Six here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-do-I-in-Unity
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    If you have formatting in HTML or in PAR5E format, then you can copy these into formatted text fields for FGU and then right-click on them to translate them. For HTML, only basic tags work for things like tables, b, i, li, ul, etc.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    If you have formatting in HTML or in PAR5E format, then you can copy these into formatted text fields for FGU and then right-click on them to translate them. For HTML, only basic tags work for things like tables, b, i, li, ul, etc.
    Is their documentation on the PARSE5 markup code?
    Is there a specific HTML version/compliance that should be used?
    So far I haven't found any info on the wiki about this.

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Is their documentation on the PARSE5 markup code?
    Is there a specific HTML version/compliance that should be used?
    So far I haven't found any info on the wiki about this.
    Watch the video I linked
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Watch the video I linked
    That text file you show at 8:57 would be awesome if it was included in the wiki somewhere
    I mean, rather than each of us recreating it or having to go to a video to remember a single markup code...

I'll consult with the Wiki guru

Blog Entries
    I added this short section that should help:

Clean-Up Text
    Last edited by ddavison; May 25th, 2023 at 22:15.

Thread Information