DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Making progress?
    the xgen project is on hold I can't get the tabs working no matter what I do. thanks to your videos I learned a lot about the wizard, and working with the different rulesets. the only thing missing from the project I gave you was functional tabs. if there was a tutorial on adding functional tabs to xgen, it would answer all my questions. from there, I could create so many things based on that one project. I had no luck adding tabs to the existing xgen demo! if you know anyone willing to do a paid step-by-step tutorial specifically on adding functional tabs to the xgen project please let me know. tell them to pm me with a price and their PayPal on how to make a direct payment. I would appreciate it. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gGe...ew?usp=sharing I am a noob so I'm not that experienced but I want to be as good as you with the wizard. I am currently going through the 2e, and coreRPG rulesets to learn as much as I can about their structure and the way files interact with each other. thanks a bunch for your help.

Its all in the video series I just posted. I have added an 8th video exclusively on tabs.
    oh, i only saw 5 videos ill check again thanks!

that last video helped out a lot. it explained it. and gave me insight into how to start the project from scratch. Now I can build on that. thanks soooo much!

what am i missing?

Its all in the video series I just posted. I have added an 8th video exclusively on tabs.
    missing lable.jpg

for some reason, the tab label is not showing up but everything works fine no errors.
    xml file code:

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
    <root>
       <string name="library_recordtype_lable_Xgen">Xgen</string>     
    </root>
    script code:

Code:
    function onInit()

LibraryData.aRecords
    ["Xgen"] = {
    bExport = true,
    aDataMap = { "Xgen", "reference.Xgen" },
    sRecordDisplayClass = "Xgen",
    sSidebarCatagory = "create" ,
    		}

end

Quote Originally Posted by twoditdmonk View Post
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
    <root>
       <string name="library_recordtype_lable_Xgen">Xgen</string>     
    </root>
    Spell label correctly?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Spell label correctly?
    oh my god, how could I have missed that?! lol so sorry thanks a bunch!

Quote Originally Posted by twoditdmonk View Post
    oh my god, how could I have missed that?! lol so sorry thanks a bunch!
    We all do it at some point!
    Last edited by Trenloe; June 2nd, 2023 at 08:07.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Here is the basic tab demo file download

FOR THOSE WHO NEED A RULESWIZARD PROJECT DEMO FILE TO LEARN FROM. I HAVE ADDED SOME THINGS BUT I WANTED TO KEEP IT BASIC FOR NOOBS LIKE ME. YOU CAN MODIFY THE EXISTING DEMO TO SUIT YOUR NEEDS. I TRIED TO NAME EVERYTHING SIMPLY SO YOU CAN GET A GOOD IDEA OF HOW IT WORKS AT FIRST GLANCE. THANKS TO Trenloe, AND ESPECIALLY damned FOR HIS VIDEO TUTORIALS

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1J8N...ew?usp=sharing

EXT FILE DOWNLOAD:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ASb...ew?usp=sharing
    Last edited by twoditdmonk; June 2nd, 2023 at 09:40.

Thread Information