DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Cyberpunk Red pop up melee weapons

I'm having some trouble getting the popup melee weapons to work. The label for popup mellee weapon says to drag and drop weapon to box next to the popup description, but it's not doing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by sinned View Post
    I'm having some trouble getting the popup melee weapons to work. The label for popup mellee weapon says to drag and drop weapon to box next to the popup description, but it's not doing anything.
    Hi there! You might be trying to edit the read only one in the database.

First add the Popup Weapon Cyberware to the PC’s (or NPC’s) inventory- then, find the desired weapon in the Items and click and drag that link to the weapon box for the Cyberware in their inventory— this should set it on that Cyberware.

Then when they equip it, it should show up as a weapon on the actions tab.

Let me know!
    Last edited by seansps; May 22nd, 2023 at 22:28. Reason: Clarity

Also, I just remembered that, when adding it to Cyberware in the PC’s list, you need to make sure it is not active. If it’s equipped, deactivate it first by clicking the “plug” button. And then make sure it is “unlocked” by clicking the lock icon.

I just double checked and tested, there's 3 processes, follow the one that's relevant to you:

For player characters:
    1. drag and drop the pop-up weapon cyberware to the cyberware tab
    2. open the cyberware that you just dropped on to the character sheet (when you drop it on, it makes an editable copy on the character sheet), it should already be in edit mode
    3. drag and drop the weapon you want onto the empty box in the cyberware window

whether the cyberware is active or inactive doesn't appear to matter, the weapon will only show up if the cyberware is active.

For NPCs
    1. Drag and drop the cyberware into the npc's inventory
    2. open the newly created inventory item via the npc sheet
    3. the item that opens with by an item of the cyberware type, and will contain a link to the cyberware that you dropped onto the npc sheet
    4. click that link in the cyberware item.
    5. drag and drop the weapon you want onto the empty box in the opened cyberware window
    6. on the npc sheet, press the equip button to equip the cyberware.

If you wish to create a popup weapon that's already preloaded that you can just give to players
    ;
    1. in the cyberware sidebar table, drag and drop the popup cyberware link and drop it to into the same list to create a copy
    2. open up the new cyberware that you just created (if you don't have a group filter active on top, it'll go to the uncategorized group)
    3. drag and drop the weapon you want onto the empty box in the cyberware window
    4. name it something meaningful
    Last edited by Nightstride; May 22nd, 2023 at 23:49.

Thread Information