5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Tips to make Fantasy Grounds Unity run better on my Mac?

Hi there. I'm a player in a D&D 5E game using Fantasy Grounds Unity, and it runs absolutely terribly on my recent-model Macbook Pro.

STATS
    * Processor: 2 Ghz Quad Core Intel Core i5
    * RAM: 16 GB

When I run FGU, I shut down everything else. Still, it lags like crazy on pretty much every interaction once the map loads. Moving my piece on the map borders on unusable. Clicking through the menus is a laggy mess. Each time I trigger a skill check, a second or two passes where I'm not sure if the program has registered my click.

The weirdest thing is that it's not even maxing out my system resources. My CPU remains in normal ranges, and my RAM usage remains in the green zone.

Short of installing a windows instance on my computer (which I would rather not do), is there anything I can do to make the interface more responsive?

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    See this troubleshooting article and see if the suggestions there help; Reducing GPU Usage - Fantasy Grounds Customer Portal - Confluence (atlassian.net)

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

You may not meet the minimum requirements. Browse through this thread. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post667792

You may be on to something there. My system as 1.5 GB graphics memory. That minimum seems crazy high for what FGU does!

The LOS and PC/NPC token vision clipping calculations are sizeable on large complicated maps with lots of PCs/NPCs.

Thread Information