Starfinder Playlist
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean about images. Those can be embedded into a reference page in the builder and can be any size. The minimum width for a half page is 250px and for a full page it's 500px (or so). When you click on an embedded image it pops the image up and you can then zoom in or resize the window etc; but you can't make an image bigger (or smaller) once it's inside FGU. So you'll need to import your images into your campaign at the size you want them to be, and then you can embed them into the builder etc.
    I think there's a lot of different terminology and so different views on what @twoditdmonk is envisioning. I think, but I could be wrong, that referring to "I think the fastest way to convert a pdf over is to convert it to images, and then import the images into FGU" they're referring to importing an image of the whole page of a PDF - text, formatting, other images will just be in a single image. Hence their concerns about size, as to make it readable it would have to be pretty big.

I've asked for clarification of what @twoditdmonk is actually looking for, so hopefully that will help us get on the same page...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by twoditdmonk View Post
    it would be nice to convert over 100% into fg format I think, if it were only possible.
    What RPG system are you using?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    it might be fast for you but it wont be the experience your customers are looking for...
    Customers? It's for personal reference within the game ruleset I am dming or gming at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    What RPG system are you using?
    several! star trek, fallout, and d&d 2e. I am working on campaigns for all of them at once. Scrivener allows the use of tables, images, HTML, and other formats to be added to the work that's why I use the pdf format to print. how big would the image of the pdf page have to be to read clearly in fgu?
    Last edited by twoditdmonk; May 19th, 2023 at 16:09.

several! star trek, fallout, and d&d 2e. I am working on campaigns for all of them at once. Scrivener allows the use of tables, images, HTML, and other formats to be added to the work that's why I use the pdf format to print.
    You're going to have to enter most of the information manually. You're not going to be able to import a PDF directly - as most PDFs have different underlying metadata, even if they look the same on the surface.

Importing text and tables is discussed in this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...importing-text

Sorry there's no magic solution to what you're trying to do. You'll need to make a decision on what you're going to import based on how you're going to use it in FG. If you want to reference all the data in FG as the GM, instead of referencing in Scrivener, then you'll have to import all of the information which will be a lot of work - you may as well just reference it in Scrivener outside of FG. Then, identify what you might want to share with players within FG and enter that data; decide what system specific data you'll need to run the game in FG and create those records.

Depending on the system there may be extensions available that help import some data - a table importer is referred to in the thread I link above.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    You're going to have to enter most of the information manually. You're not going to be able to import a PDF directly - as most PDFs have different underlying metadata, even if they look the same on the surface.

Importing text and tables is discussed in this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...importing-text

Sorry there's no magic solution to what you're trying to do. You'll need to make a decision on what you're going to import based on how you're going to use it in FG. If you want to reference all the data in FG as the GM, instead of referencing in Scrivener, then you'll have to import all of the information which will be a lot of work - you may as well just reference it in Scrivener outside of FG. Then, identify what you might want to share with players within FG and enter that data; decide what system specific data you'll need to run the game in FG and create those records.

Depending on the system there may be extensions available that help import some data - a table importer is referred to in the thread I link above.
    thanks so much! ill keep doing it by hand a little at a time then.

Blog Entries
    Something you have probably already considered, but I'll mention anyway. I do a lot of campaign development for what I do. And I found that it is not simply worth the "niceness" of some other tools to develop outside FG. I do all my development in FG. Thousands of images, hundreds of tables, tens of thousands of story entries, etc.

Yes, there are much better tools for writing/developing if your use case is outside of FG. But if your use case is for FG and not distribution elsewhere, it is, for me, just not worth developing content elsewhere. imo, the only tool FG is really missing for developing content internally is a spell check.

edit: vote here! please Idea Informer » Feedback 2.0
    Last edited by LordEntrails; May 19th, 2023 at 16:55.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I could see using something outside if you don't have access to a computer that can run FG, like you only have your phone or chromebook.

Blog Entries
    Customers? It's for personal reference within the game ruleset I am dming or gming at the time.
    If its only for you and the images are clear enough (upload larger pics) then that you will only have to make them clear enough for you and your table
    If you can get the data into FG you will probably enjoy the game experience more - at the expense of your prep time of course!

The last thing is this, to use FG you only really need to input the maps and the encounters for personal games.

There is no reason you couldn't just either have a PDF on another screen or printed out for the information if you use voice in your game.

Thread Information