STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Any plans for PDF SUPPORT FOR FGU?!

I use Scrivener to do most of my work when it comes to writing campaign data then I have to manually copy everything over to FGU builder... Scrivener allows pdf export. So, my question is. Is there ever going to be a pdf import tool or another pdf compatibility option added to FGU? I can print pdf to images but the images are too small to read in FGU! Is there an extension that enables zoom of pics in the builder? Anyway, I know I am, not the only one who needs pdf support in FGU.

thanks for your time.

does anyone else have the same issue, and wish for pdf support in FGU? What are your solutions?

thanks a bunch!

Yes, as damned says. PDF's are pretty horrible things - I mean they look nice but that making nice adds a whole host of undesirable things into the text. I copy pdf stuff into Notepad++ first and sort all the problems in that and then copy that into FGU. FGU will also handle some basic html and par5e code as well so a lot of formatting can be done in a text file before copying into FGU.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I have tables and pics embedded into my work. converting to text doesn't help. I use the pdf format for everything I do when it comes to my work. I already convert it manually I wonder if you can post an image in the builder that can be zoomed in or popped out zoomed if clicked on in the builder. are there any image extensions for the builder?

I think the fastest way to convert a pdf over is to convert it to images, and then import the images into FGU. the only problem would be the size of the image in the builder I think. I mean it would be too small to read! Unless there is a workaround for image sizing or some other image extension.

I'm not sure what you mean about images. Those can be embedded into a reference page in the builder and can be any size. The minimum width for a half page is 250px and for a full page it's 500px (or so). When you click on an embedded image it pops the image up and you can then zoom in or resize the window etc; but you can't make an image bigger (or smaller) once it's inside FGU. So you'll need to import your images into your campaign at the size you want them to be, and then you can embed them into the builder etc.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

To clarify - do you just want to be able to share the whole PDF with the players from within FG?
    Or are you wanting to have granular access to specific items within your PDF that you can then share with players on a case-by-case basis?
    Or are you wanting your PDF to be 100% converted into FG format? Story/refman entries, images, system specific info (items, NPCs, spells, etc.)?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean about images. Those can be embedded into a reference page in the builder and can be any size. The minimum width for a half page is 250px and for a full page it's 500px (or so). When you click on an embedded image it pops the image up and you can then zoom in or resize the window etc; but you can't make an image bigger (or smaller) once it's inside FGU. So you'll need to import your images into your campaign at the size you want them to be, and then you can embed them into the builder etc.
    thanks, soo much for clarifying that for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    To clarify - do you just want to be able to share the whole PDF with the players from within FG?
    Or are you wanting to have granular access to specific items within your PDF that you can then share with players on a case-by-case basis?
    Or are you wanting your PDF to be 100% converted into FG format? Story/refman entries, images, system specific info (items, NPCs, spells, etc.)?
    it would be nice to convert over 100% into fg format I think, if it were only possible.

Thread Information